Operating in multiple countries on a global scale my client is an industry leading 360-degree laboratory services provided for major multinationals in the Pharmaceutical & Life Sciences sector. Key examples of these services include: Sourcing & Multi-vender management, Data Advisory, Programme Management and Innovation & Customer Engagement.
Day-to-Day duties of the role:
- Provide effective strategic leadership balanced with effective operational management for all procurement activities within the Account to ensure that best practice is adopted, resulting in high standards of performance, delivery of financial targets, cost effectiveness and resource efficiency.
- You could be based in either Macclesfield, Cheshire or Cambridge, UK.
- Deploy a Supplier Quality Development approach with the leading supply partners to deliver a harmonious uniform EMEA service that delivers common, excellent outcomes for Users, the Client and the EMEA leadership and operational delivery team.
- Leads regional Procurement (Supply Chain Solutions) organization, within an international, regulated and complex environment.
- Develop and deploy an account procurement strategy and programs including an overview of make / buy decisions. Strategy should be focused on securing the best outcomes for all stakeholders from the account procurement strategy.
- Act as first point of contact for key stakeholders in the supply chain process – i.e. in country supply chain, partner vendors, 3rd and 4th tier vendors, operational managers, and to provide best in class advice on supplier management and procurement processes and procedures.
- Owns senior aspects of Supply Chain Solutions at regional level, ensures supplier relationship management, consistent delivery, implementation of all Procurement initiatives.
- As the EMEA Supply Chain lead, provides key contributions for regional, category management, supplier development & business development (strategy and delivery objectives).
- Delivers policy adherence and implementation of innovation, continuous improvement, best business practice tools.
The Requirements of the Procurement/ Sourcing Lead:
- To be considered for the role you must have a minimum of six years experience in a Sourcing Manager, Procurement, Supply Chain Lead/ Sourcing Lead or similar job title within a Laboratory / Life Sciences, NHS or Clinical Environment, you could be working in Life Sciences/ Pharma Facilities Management with experience negotiating contracts and driving savings – Ideally with some previous experience in the procurement of FM suppliers in the Life Science sector across multiple countries in the EMEA
- You will hold a minimum of a BSc degree/ Bachelors in a business, life sciences, procurement/ supply chain or related subject (CIPS would be desirable)
- Basic: £65,000 – £75,000
- Full Blue-Chip Company Benefits
For more information about the role or to apply send your CV now to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Ben Atherton today on +44 (0) 113 243 3499.
You must have the right to work in the UK.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone who would be good for the role, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we will ensure you receive £100.00 (o/e) of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.
|Job Category||Scientific Supplies|