Strategic Sourcing Lead – Laboratory Services
Salary: £80,000 – £97,000 Basic + 20% Bonus + £6,000 Car Allowance + Full Blue-Chip Company Benefits
Based: London, United Kingdom
Your Location: You could be based in London or in the surrounding area
The Requirements of the Regional Sourcing Leader:
- To be considered for the role you must have a minimum of six years experience in a Category Management or Operational role and have proven track record of building strong relationships with suppliers in the pharmaceutical manufacturing industry and managing service categories such as Facilities Management or Engineering in the laboratory services provider such as Sodexo, Agilent (Crosslab), Trinity Biotech (Thermo), VWR (Avantor) or PerkinElmer OneSource for example
- Ideally you will hold a minimum of a BSc degree/ Bachelors in a business, life sciences or related subject
The role of the Strategic Sourcing Lead:
- Provides formal supervision to individual employees within single functional or operational area.
- Recommends staff recruitment, selection, promotion, advancement, corrective action and termination.
- Plans and monitors appropriate staffing levels and utilisation of labor, including overtime. Prepares and delivers performance appraisal for staff.
- This individual will be responsible for building strong relationships with suppliers in this category and superior supply chain solutions for our clients. In line with the overall Supply Chain Solutions, Operations Support strategies and regional business requirements, provides category strategic sourcing leadership for applicable categories globally.
- Develops the overall global SCM Category strategy to leverage spend, consolidate suppliers, deliver savings through gains in efficiency/optimisation and quality improvements that directly impact business results and provide for exceptional client outcomes.
- Mentors and coaches team members to further develop competencies.
- Leads by example and models behaviors that are consistent with the company’s values.
- Build a world-class category management solution inclusive of Client and Sales Solution support, existing client-account optimisation and exceptional processes specific to the achievement of overall SCM and operations support goals.
- Responsible for leading, developing and executing regional Category Purchasing initiatives. These responsibilities include managing cross-divisional supply chain business and financial goals.
- Owns supplier portfolio management to increase operational efficiency, profitability and maximise their value contribution.
- Collaborates with all stakeholders to align business objectives with category strategic sourcing opportunities. Ensures commodity and service requirements are fully understood for the global category spend portfolio and establishes long-term strategic procurement plans.
- Helps develop bespoke, winning deliver category solutions for clients and prospective clients. Articulate to clients and internal teams the advantages of the companies approach to the category. Provides a balanced solution for clients and suppliers.
- Operating in multiple countries on a global scale my client is an industry leading 360-degree laboratory services provided for major multinationals in the Pharmaceutical & Life Sciences sector
- Key examples of these services include: Sourcing & Multi-vender management, Data Advisory, Programme Management and Innovation & Customer Engagement
For more information about the role or to apply send your CV now to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Ben Atherton today on +44 (0) 113 243 3499.
You must have the right to work in the UK.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone who would be good for the role, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 (o/e) of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.