Strategic Account Manager – EMEA
Salary: €80,000 – €120,000 + Car Allowance + Mobile Phone + Laptop + Pension + Healthcare + Company Share Scheme + 24 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
The Requirements of Strategic Account Manager:
- 5+ years’ sales experience in areas such as: Clinical Trials, Drug Discovery, CRO etc.
- Right now you will be a Business Development Manager, Regional Sales Manager, Product Specialist, Sales Specialist, Key Account Manager etc. with proven sales experience of services throughout the Drug Discovery market
- The ideal candidate should hold a degree in a Life Science such as Biomedical Science, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Microbiology etc.
- The Strategic Account Manager must have experience selling into the Pharmaceutical and Biotech industries
- Full and clean EU driving licence
The Role of Strategic Account Manager:
- Sale of Storage and Sample Processing Services
- Providing a clear understanding of all potential appropriate service needs across the client operations
- Attending internal and external training in cases where it may benefit the SAM to have increased knowledge
- Functions may include management, hiring and training of additional regional sales staff
- Assist Director of Sales in developing a strong market leading position in the EU clinical and preclinical trial sample management space
- As part of a global SAM team, support specific performance related targets for the EU region
- As part of the EU sales team support business development to achieve the regional performance expectation managed by the Director of EU Sales
- My clients’ Automated Solutions business unit is focussed on Automated sample storage, storage consumables and associated devices
- Currently they operate in two main markets/ applications – Drug Discovery: typically pharmaceutical companies wanting to store chemical compound samples in volumes from 50µl to 5ml at temperatures from -20°C to room temperature- Research Biobanking: typically academic/research institutes wanting to store biological samples (eg blood serum) at -80°C or DNA at -20°C
- My client is the leading supplier in both of these markets. The sales cycle for their stores is in the range 6 to 24months and typical order values are $1,000,000 to $5,000,000
- My client operates globally, with Europe, the US and Japan accounting for the majority of our market
For more information about the role or to apply send your CV now to OwenFothergill@langtonhowarth.com or call Owen today on +44 (0) 113 243 3499.
You must have authorisation to work in the UK.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.