Base Salary Circa: £40,000 – £50,000 DOE + Free Parking + Private Medical Insurance + Life Insurance + Generous Pension + Profit Share + Cycle to Work Scheme + Discounted local sports facilities + Relocation Package + 25 Days Holiday + 8 Bank Holidays +
The Requirements of the Software Engineer:
- Degree in software, engineering, science or other numerate discipline or equivalent experience
- Windows desktop application programming using Microsoft Visual Studio C#/.NET
- 2+ years of software development experience
- Be able to demonstrate object-oriented design & programming skills
- A track record of team-based software development in multiple projects during your career
- Able to self-organise and fit into an on-going (agile) development process
- An understanding of modern software development methodologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
With experience of some of the following:
- Graphical user interface design & implementation (WPF)
- Automation, instrumentation or robotics
- Embedded (C, C++) and real time OS
- Mathematical techniques and numerical methods
- Source control systems (e.g. SubVersion, Git)
- Database programming with Oracle / MySQL
- Machine vision
The role of the Software Engineer:
- Assist in software/hardware issue resolution (root cause analysis)
- Support the Applications Engineering team with defining performance test criteria of software and software / hardware combinations
- Support the Training Team with developing material for new products and features.
- Provide input to development projects based on lessons learned
- Support the Technical Author with input to new User and Technical Documentation.
- Perform software development to written technical specifications working within the company’s quality processes
- Resolve reported defects and support release of new code through the company’s validation and release process
- Create, document and implement test plans, scripts, and test harnesses
- Maintain watching brief on development of new technologies, techniques and methodologies
- My client manufactures world-leading instruments for the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries
- Their products combine the best science with first-rate engineering to advance scientific research
- They are driven by their passion for innovation, quality engineering and first-class customer support
For more information about the role or to apply send your CV now to email@example.com or call Oliver today on +44 (0) 113 243 3499.
You must have authorisation to work in the UK to apply for this role.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.