Software Developer – LIMS
Base Salary Circa: negotiable depending on experience+ 24% Total Pension (18% employer and 6% employee contribution) + Healthcare + 20 Days Holiday (+ Stats) + Free Parking on Site
Full time or Contract or both available
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Are you currently working as a full time, permanent or contract LIMS /Software Developer using Ruby in a Biological/ Life Sciences/ Robotic Automation or Pharmaceutical sector?
Do you want to be part of a business that has grown from 45 to 750 employees in the last 6 months due to their efforts to combat COVID-19?
Have you got software development experience working on laboratory automation by manufacturers such as Tecan, TTP Labtech, PerkinElmer, Beckman Coulter, Hamilton or Agilent?
If so, we have an excellent opportunity for you………….
The Requirements of the LIMS Developer:
- Our client requires at least 3-5+ years of demonstrated software engineering experience with LIMS in a Laboratory Automation/Liquid Handling Robotics environment in the Life Sciences, Pharmaceutical and/or Biotechnology industries
- Right now, you will be working with Ruby programming language, and have experience working with Linux (web development, web server configuration and support), and you could also have experience with restful API/ Interface.
- You will have an undergraduate degree in Chemistry, Biology, IT, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Software Development or similar
- Instrument integration experience
- Sound software configuration management and governance, as well as pure development
- If you have previously worked for/with companies such as AstraZeneca, Covance, Brooks Life Sciences, GSK, Astech Projects, Qiagen, Waters, Beckman Coulter, Hamilton is an advantage
- Other desirable but not essential experience could include automation scripting using Python or R and Pearl or Git software management tools
The Role of the LIMS Developer:
- Develop workflows and interfaces between our commercial Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) and our internal software platforms. This will include developing automation scripts, data validation rules, systems monitoring and alerting, and complex calculations
- Specify and deliver software engineering solutions to clinical LIMS issues of a highly technical nature
- Take strong ownership of software engineering standards, documentation, tools, methods, and environments, proposing and delivering a standardised approach to software engineering across the company, so as to avoid a collection of point-solutions and instead create a unified and integrated software portfolio supporting the whole business-as-usual operation
- Produce rapid and telling solutions for the Exec Management Team in response to requests for management information reports and dashboards
- Deliver reporting solutions in the form of web pages, dashboards and formatted reports for external laboratory customers
- Investigate and resolve data issues relating to occasional but sometimes urgent problems with laboratory test cases. Take full responsibility for the maintenance of the LIMS database
- Provide technical support of the end-to-end LIMS technology solution, diagnosing and driving out resolutions for issues both on the local site and in the commercial LIMS application
- Act as subject matter expert on LIMS matters during audits, contributing strongly to the maintenance of high-quality procedure documentation, user lists, privileges, and systems security
- Interacting with LIMS application vendor, ensure delivery of effective enhancements and support, and assist the management team in managing the vendor relationship
- Interact extensively with clinical LIMS administrators, senior lab operatives, and the lab management team, exploiting software opportunities to improve end-to-end laboratory workflow and enhance standard operating procedures
- Our client is a not-for-profit national & international charity whose work is focused on determining the causes of complex diseases such as diabetes, cancer and heart disease
- They are currently leading the battle against COVID-19, and have actually grown their workforce by over 150% due to investment, and there are very few organisations of this scale worldwide and each and every employee is valued and makes a true difference to the betterment of healthcare and life expectancy through their work
- In this role you will be directly supporting my clients COVID testing programme and you will play a pivotal part in the division, as they are a growing business you will have the opportunity to build your own team or become a senior member, training and developing others
Apply today by sending your word CV to Ben Atherton of Langton Howarth Ltd via email to Ben@langtonhowarth.com or call Ben in confidence right now for more information on 0113 243 3499.
To be considered you must have full right to work in the UK
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.