Location: Site based in the Cambridge area
My client is a Forbes listed global service provider to the largest and most successful blue-chip companies across the Life Sciences, Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical sectors!
This exciting role is supporting a fast-growing and innovative European pharmaceutical organisation in a well-established, technologically advanced facility working with cutting edge laboratory automation!
You will have amazing opportunities to progress internally within the business with the knowledge that you are truly making a difference to healthcare and scientific discovery!
The Requirements of the Laboratory Engineer:
- To be considered for the site-based Laboratory Engineer role you will already have 3+ years’ experience as a Field Based or In-house/Site Based Service Engineer for a Laboratory Supplies, Biotech, Pharmaceutical or CRO organisation
- You will have specific experience of servicing and repairing laboratory equipment such as Centrifuges, CO2 Incubators, Balances, Autoclaves, Microscopes, Vacuum pumps or similar
- Hold a relevant Engineering qualification (ONC, HNC, NVQ, City & Guilds)
- Very strong analytical skills with proven ability to break down and solve complex problems in a logical and structured approach
- PC literate in Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Strong relationship management and excellent communication skills/influencing skills
- Experience coordinating and scheduling workload to achieve results.
- Ability to work to own initiative but team orientated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Robust and assertive attitude towards achieving results and motivating team members
The role of the Laboratory Engineer:
- As the on-site Laboratory Engineer you will provide high quality maintenance, calibration and repairing for a wide range of laboratory equipment such as Centrifuges, Autoclaves, CO2 Incubators, Balances, Microscopes and much more
- Ensure prompt, flexible, customer focused specialist engineering support whilst maintaining compliance with statutory, regulatory, and engineering standards
- Diagnose faults on complex equipment and systems utilizing the multi-disciplinary support internal and external to the team to produce a satisfactory solution
- Plan & carry out engineering maintenance and commissioning work associated with scientific equipment and systems in a safe, cost-effective manner to ensure minimum business disruption
- Use technical knowledge to identify and source components and services
- Create, manage and review supporting documentation e.g., service reports
- Support users in the preparation/design of operating procedures, SOPs, Change Control and the deviation, manuals, and drawings
- Manage the availability of essential spares to support the range of equipment and systems used within the laboratory facilities in a cost-effective manner
- Support contract management in the set-up, renewal, and budget of contracts
- Monitor the performance of the scientific equipment and systems using Key Performance Indicators to instigate improvements and influence changes
- Base Salary Circa: £30,000 – £37,000 (DOE)
- Life Insurance (Death in Service)
- 25 Days Annual Holidays + 8 Bank Holidays
For more information about the role or to apply send your CV now to email@example.com or call Oliver Gill today on +44 (0) 113 243 3499.
You must have the right to work in the UK.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone would be good for role, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 (o/e) of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.
|Job Category||Service Engineering|