Site Based Laboratory Engineer – Cambridge – 6 month FTC
Base Salary Circa £43,750 DOE inc 25% Shift Allowance Bonus Paid Monthly + Pension + Life Insurance (Death in service) + Pro Rata Holidays + Bank Holidays
Contract type: 6-month FTC to provide immediate and crucial engineering services to support Covid-19 testing capabilities
Shift Patterns: 4 days on 4 days off including weekends – 9-hour shift patterns – 6am – 3pm & 2:30pm – 11:30pm
The Requirements of the Laboratory Engineer:
- To be considered for the site-based Laboratory Engineer role you will already have 2+ years’ experience as either a Field Based or Inhouse/Site Based Service Engineer for a Laboratory Supplies, Biotech, Pharmaceutical or CRO organisation
- You will have current or previous experience working for companies such as Waters, Eppendorf, Agilent, Beckman Coulter, AB Sciex, Sartorius for example servicing bench top scientific equipment such as Centrifuges, Autoclaves, Lab Balances, Water Baths, Laboratory Ovens, HPLC/GC/GCMS/LCMS systems and similar bench top scientific equipment
- Hold a relevant Engineering qualification (ONC, HNC, NVQ, City & Guilds)
- Very strong analytical skills with proven ability to break down and solve complex problems in a logical and structured approach
- PC literate in Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Strong relationship management and excellent communication skills/influencing skills
- Experience coordinating and scheduling workload in order to achieve results.
- Ability to work to own initiative but team orientated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Robust and assertive attitude towards achieving results and motivating team members
The role of the Laboratory Engineer:
- As the on-site Laboratory Engineer you will provide high quality maintenance, calibration and repairing for a wide range of laboratory equipment such as Laboratory Automation/Liquid Handling systems, HPLC/UPLC, Mass Spectrometry systems and much more!
- You will be working with cutting edge laboratory equipment from market leading manufacturers such as Roche, Beckman Coulter & Agilent Technologies
- Ensure prompt, flexible, customer focused specialist engineering support whilst maintaining compliance with statutory, regulatory, and engineering standards
- Diagnose faults on complex equipment and systems utilizing the multi-disciplinary support internal and external to the team to produce a satisfactory solution
- Plan & carry out engineering maintenance and commissioning work associated with scientific equipment and systems in a safe, cost effective manner to ensure minimum business disruption
- Use technical knowledge to identify and source components and services
- Create, manage and review supporting documentation e.g. service reports
- Support users in the preparation/design of operating procedures, SOPs, Change Control and the deviation, manuals and drawings
- Manage the availability of essential spares to support the range of equipment and systems used within the laboratory facilities in a cost-effective manner
- Support contract management in the set-up, renewal, and budget of contracts
- Monitor the performance of the scientific equipment and systems using Key Performance Indicators to instigate improvements and influence changes
My Client & Opportunity:
- My client is a leading Laboratory Services provider who partner with Top 5 Pharmaceutical organisations globally to support their business-critical laboratory operations
- Opportunity to make an immediate & positive impact in the fight against Covid-19 in a cutting edge & state of the art scientific environment
- The services they provide ultimately allow scientists and researchers to spend more time on what really matters – advancing scientific research!
For more information about the role or to apply send your CV now to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Oliver Gill today on +44 (0) 113 243 3499.
You must have the right to work in the UK.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone would be good for Site Based Laboratory Engineer role, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 (o/e) of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.