Home Location: Living in London (Ideally) or home counties
My client is a global leader in Genomics, Next Generation Sequencing (NGS), RNA/DNA/ Sequencing – an industry at the intersection of biology and technology. At the most fundamental level, they enable customers to read and understand genetic variations. They strive to make solutions increasingly simple, more accessible, and always reliable. As a result, discoveries that were unimaginable even a few years ago are now becoming routine – and are making their way into patient treatment.
This is a brand-new role created due to my client’s exciting expansion plan for their commercial sales team in UK, they are looking for an experienced life sciences sales professional to take responsibility for our customers on territory. You will be working alongside dedicated field applications and service engineers in the field dealing with established business as well as forging relationships with new customers in the region.
The role of Senior Territory Account Manager:
- Develop high-value, long-term profitable customer accounts through relationship building sales techniques
- Identify and manage high-caliber sales opportunities through professional screening processes and use of all available information resources.
- Develop comprehensive knowledge of prospects including personnel and responsibilities, budgeting, internal politics, products and services, competition, and market
- Prepare and present compelling customer sales presentations and participate in all sales activities and assist with general customer demonstrations, training, and support
- Negotiate all sales opportunities within company established parameters in territory and generate associated sales contracts and quotations
- Maintain desirable pricing levels through effective sales negotiation
- Coordinate and communicate sales activities and strategies effectively to supervisors
- Develop and maintain all account/contact details within Illumina’s CRM database
- Leverage CRM system to grow sales from existing customer base and expand customer base in assigned territory
- Provide regular and accurate sales forecast updates
- Create a territory business plan that satisfies goals as established by sales management
- Effectively build a short/medium/long term sales pipeline and manage the necessary levels of sales leads, prospects, and opportunities
- Satisfy all product and technology training requirements as established by Sales management and the Training department
The requirements of the Senior Territory Account Manager:
- To be considered for this role you will already have 2+ years’ experience in either a field-based (preferred) or internal Sales/Account Management/Business Development role selling NGS/Sequencing/Genomics/Microarray instruments
- Experience selling DNA/RNA Library Preparation, Sequencing Reagents, Microarray Kits, OR Genomics Services will also be considered if you have a solid technical knowledge of NGS/Sequencing applications
- You will hold a minimum of a BSc degree (MSc/PhD preferred) in a scientific/ biological subject (e.g., Immunology, Biology, Genomics, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry etc)
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meeting short-notice deadlines, with daily reprioritization of work.
- Good working knowledge of CRM systems and proficient in PC software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), able to run basic technical software presentations.
- Full driving licence and valid passport and ability to travel and stay away from home when required.
- Base Salary Circa: £45,000 – £55,000 (DOE)
- 50% of base salary OTE (Uncapped)
- Monthly Car Allowance
- Health Cover
- Share Options
- Laptop + Mobile Phone
- 25 Holidays + Statutory Public Holidays
For more information about the role or to apply send your CV now to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Oliver Gill today on +44 (0) 113 243 3499.
You must have the right to work in the UK.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone would be good for this role, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we will ensure you receive £100.00 (o/e) of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.
|Job Category||Scientific Supplies|