Location: Little Chesterford, Saffron Walden
Our client is a leading integrated drug discovery CRO that has been setting the highest standards in drug discovery, with a particular emphasis on small molecule research, since the early 2000’s.
They work in partnership with clients from a variety of sectors including academic, pharmaceutical, biotechnology and patient foundation organisations around the world with a focus on Assay Biology, Bespoke Assay Development, Small Molecules. Working across all disease areas you will have the opportunity to broaden your experience and skillset, by managing a range of bespoke assay development projects.
Right now they are working with many clients across academia, pharmaceutical, biotechnology and patient foundation organisations globally.
- Plan and implement experimental protein production projects for membrane proteins such as GPCRs or ion channels, solving any problems that arise
- Undertake protein production studies, including choice of expression system, construct design, cloning, stable cell line generation, mammalian expression using transient expression, inducible vectors, BacMam system up to 10L scale
- The Protein Science Team offers our clients a comprehensive range of services including: molecular biology; protein production for biochemical and biophysical assays, and for structural biology, including structural analysis of protein-ligand structures by X-ray crystallography
- Membrane preparations and membrane protein purification using detergent solubilisation or other methods
- Support routine laboratory operation and maintenance
- Prepare and present oral and written reports on research activities to internal and external audiences
- Actively pursue own personal development
- Maintain appropriate awareness of safety procedures, attend required safety training and adhere to laboratory safety rules as defined by the host department
- Ensure that all duties are performed in accordance with organisational standards, policies and procedures
- To be considered for this position you must be educated to PhD level (or BSc/MSc) with relevant industrial experience in membrane protein expression, such as GPCRs or ion channels, to join our clients Protein Science Team in a lab-based role
- We are currently looking for candidates with relevant and proven experience (preferably in a CRO, pharma or biotech setting), supported with publications where applicable
- You will be able to work independently in membrane protein expression for protein or membrane preparations used in biochemical and biophysical analysis, including project planning, construct design, cloning, stable cell line generation, mammalian expression using transient expression, inducible vectors, BacMam system up to 10L scale, membrane preparation, membrane protein purification detergent based
- Other areas you could working in: CryoEM/ X-ray structure of/ structural insights or crystallography (desirable), GPCR/ ion channel/ transporter/ carrier protein/ ATPase, SMA or nanodisk based purification
- Basic is negotiable – depending on experience
- Private Medical
- 4 x salary life insurance
- 25 days holiday + BH stats
Apply right now by calling Ben Atherton on +44 (0) 113 243 3499 or email your current CV on email@example.com. Langton Howarth is the market leading recruitment agency placing people into dream jobs across the UK and Europe daily.
To be considered for this role you must have a full right to work in the UK
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00(o/e) of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice.
|Job Category||Scientific Supplies|