Senior Operations Leader – Laboratory Equipment Maintenance
Salary: £60,000 to £80,000 DOE + 10% Bonus + Pension
Territory: South UK
Your Location: Southeast UK
Do you currently hold the title and responsibility of Cluster Leader, Multi-Site Leader, Senior Operations Lead, Service Delivery Manager, Customer Service Director, Head of Customer Service, Southeast Service Manager, Regional Service Team Leader, Site Director or similar?
Do you have experience of managing high value budgets in the region of $10M+?
Do you have proven knowledge of, and experience of working with, the Life Science industry supplier base including analytical instrument OEM’s, service providers and consumables vendors?
Alternatively.. Are you a Laboratory Manager running a Cell or Gene Therapy, Chemistry or Biology Laboratory for a major Pharma company right now looking for a change in direction?
Above all are you tenacious, passionate, ambitious and results driven?
If you answered yes to the above, then this may be the ideal role for you…
The requirements of the Senior Service Operations Leader:
- To be considered for the Senior Operations Leader role you must have 10+ years’ experience managing multi-million-dollar budgets in highly regulated Laboratory and / or manufacturing Pharmaceutical settings
- Experience of delivering Laboratory equipment maintenance, the servicing of scientific equipment Engineering, Facilities Management or similar services to the Pharmaceutical, CRO, Biotech customers
- You will be educated to a minimum bachelor’s degree in Business Studies, Engineering or Chemistry or similar
- You will also need to have a sound knowledge of FDA guideline interpretations, GMP, GLP and audit experience. Provide demonstrated knowledge of Pharmaceutical, Biotech, and Medical Device industry products and services
- Have a wide scope of knowledge on business processes to drive out costs in research and manufacturing of FDA regulated efforts
- You will also need to be able to demonstrate the ability to develop and implement innovation and strategies across multiple sites and geographic locations across the Southeast of England/ or a similar region
- A proven knowledge of, and experience of working with, the Life Science industry supplier base including analytical instrument OEM’s, service providers and consumables vendors
- A track record of effective leadership, team building, strong organisational skills, project planning and management with a participatory management style
- Excellent presentation and communication skills and MS Office literacy is required
- This role requires the successful candidate to travel across 5 sites in the south-east of England so a home base of Southeast UK i.e., North London, Bedfordshire, Surrey, Hertfordshire, Kent, London, Stevenage and a willingness to travel across these sites is essential
The role of the Senior Operations Leader:
- As the Senior Operations Leader, you will have full ownership and responsibility for leading the divisions services group and maintaining open lines of communication with client representatives, end users, alliance partners, and operations managers across the 5 sites
- Manage service delivery of equipment maintenance across the five sites and be the Account Lead for this particular client onsite to ensure Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) are maintained/exceeded and developing, tracking and optimizing Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
- Prepare work stream budgets and manage program costs and savings to approved plan, proactively reporting variances and recovery plans. Identify and communicate opportunities for cost savings and increased scope
- Ensure day-to-day and longer-term activities for defined services scope are planned and that appropriate resources are available. Ensure that all programs and procedures of the services staff are being properly implemented
- Aid with the identification, application and delivery of innovative support service and infrastructure technologies to enhance service delivery
- Responsible for 4 direct managerial reports across Customer Service/Engineering, Procurement, Business Intelligence/Analytics and Lifecycle Asset Management with a further 60 indirect reports; successful management of personnel including hiring, promotions, recognition, discipline, and performance management
- Establish and direct goal setting, performance reviews and incentive/salary administrative processes for direct reports and possibly those reporting to direct reports, utilizing appropriate tools. Ensure training records are maintained and up to date.
- Provide appropriate team skills analysis, training plans and tracking for Laboratory Instrument Services technicians / engineers and Laboratory Technical Services support technicians
- Communicates operating philosophy, objectives and expectations to Services personnel in a continuing effort to build the site team
- Lead the creation and management of the Services work stream “Transformation Roadmap” assure coordination with the account team Transformation Leader and EMEA Business Leader
- Ensures all in scope services follows appropriate client procedures and Government regulatory codes
- Drive implementation of Account level quality program and manage / integrate the development of new or expanded services to the contract and quality manual.
- Operating across client sites on a global scale my client is an industry leading 360-degree laboratory services/facilities management company providing service for major multinationals in the Pharmaceutical & Life Sciences sector
- Key examples of these services include: Sourcing & Multi-vender management, Data Advisory, Programme Management and Innovation & Customer Engagement
• This role is available due to the growth and continued success of my client’s operations globally
For more information about the role or to apply send your CV now to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Emma Howarth today on +44 (0) 113 243 3499.
You must have the right to work in the EU and hold a full valid UK driving licence.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone would be good for the Cluster Leader role, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 (o/e) of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.