Senior Field Service Engineer – HPLC Equipment
Salary: £37,000 – £42,000 + Car Allowance (£550 per month) + Bonus
Territory: UK Wide
Your Location: You will be based in either the Midlands (Birmingham/Leicester) OR Golden Triangle (Oxford, Cambridge or London)
The Requirements of the Field Service Engineer role:
- THIS IS NOT JUST A SERVICE ROLE THIS IS TO DEVELOP A TEAM & ASSIST THEM AS A MENTOR FIGURE
- You will ideally be a Field Service Engineer right now (3-5 years minimum) installing, validating, maintaining and repairing a range of HPLC & Chromatography equipment/platforms from OEM such as: Agilent, Waters, Shimadzu, Varian, Perkin Elmer or similar companies
- You could also be currently working as an onsite Service Engineer, Inhouse dedicated Technical Specialist or Post Doc Scientist troubleshooting and repairing HPLC equipment in the Pharmaceutical, CRO, Biotechnology, Academia or related industry
- As the Field Service Engineer, you will be educated to a minimum BSc in a Chemistry discipline such as Analytical Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Organic Chemistry or have the equivalent experience as a Service Engineer
- Must hold a Full UK driving licence & valid UK Passport
- Prepared to travel throughout the UK – but mainly territory based
- Experience of effective verbal communication skills in a customer facing or customer service environment, with excellent telephone manner
The Responsibilities of the Field Service Engineer:
- As the Field Service Engineer, you will deliver routine planned maintenance and breakdown support at key customer sites in line with my client’s service plans
- To refurbish and validate equipment for the refurbished instrument program in line with SOP’s at my clients UK facility
- To identify new customers or new market segments that could become long term accounts.
- To build and maintain relationships with existing and potential customers to allow continuation of business and win incremental business
- Perform onsite duties including, service, validation, repair, accurately and in a timely fashion
- Complete and submit all paperwork to the admin team
- Build and maintains relationship with existing and new customers
- Promote the company’s brand and range of services where applicable
- Manage and be accountable for stock allocated to the service call
- Give remote support via phone and email to customers where requested
- Maintain knowledge of the products and services
The Company and Opportunity:
- Our client is a trusted and market leading independent Chromatography, Mass Spectroscopy and Gas Generator sales and service company based in the UK, they have an impressive range of different products by manufacturers such as: Waters, Agilent and Thermo Fisher to name a few
- They are an extremely entrepreneurial organisation where everyone’s opinion matters, each individual person is valued and they’re constantly on the lookout for new business ventures and opportunities to grow the organisation through different openings and avenues – flexibility, trust and autonomy are attributes they strive for when bringing on new Engineers which in turn offers an excellent working environment
- They have achieved consistent year on year growth which means that future progression opportunities are available for a committed and dedicated Field Service Engineer!
This is an immediate requirement so please apply today by sending your up to date word CV to Chris Boyce: firstname.lastname@example.org or you can call Chris for more information on: +44 (0)113 243 3499
To be considered for this role you must have full right to work within the UK.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.