Location: Site based in Cambridge
This is a brand-new role created due to our clients continued growth. You will be working with exciting life science & biotech start-ups who truly want to partner with you throughout the Protein Purification, Protein Expression & Protein Crystallization work that you will undertake for them. If you are passionate about protein science and love to talk about your work, then this would be the ideal role for you!
My client is a leading integrated drug discovery CRO that has been setting the highest standards in drug discovery, with a particular emphasis on small molecule research, since 2001. They work in partnership with clients from a variety of sectors including academic, pharmaceutical, biotechnology and patient foundation organisations around the world.
The Protein Science team in which you will be an integral part of offers clients a comprehensive range of services including molecular biology; protein production for biochemical and biophysical assays, and for structural biology, including structural analysis of proteins by X-ray crystallography.
Key responsibilities of the Scientist:
- Implement experimental programmes to express and purify proteins to support assay and structural biology projects, solving any problems that arise, training will be provided as required
- Undertake protein crystallisation studies, training will be provided as required
- Support routine laboratory operation and maintenance
- Contribute to oral and written reports on research activities to internal and external audiences
- Actively pursue own personal development
- Maintain appropriate awareness of safety procedures, attend required safety training, and adhere to laboratory safety rules as defined by the host department
- Ensure that all duties are performed in accordance with organisational standards, policies, and procedures
The requirements of the Scientist:
- You will hold a BSc/MSc in a Biological science discipline such as Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Immunology, Genetics or equivalent
- As part of your degree, you must have undertaken an industrial placement and from this gained experience in either Protein Production, Protein Expression or Protein Crystallization
- Fundamentally you will have some existing experience of purifying/expressing proteins
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and execute on productivity targets & proven track record of hitting timelines
- You will be self-reliant and be able to work well on your own and as part of a larger team
- Excellent communication & oral skills and ability to present at all business levels
- Base Salary Circa £23,000 – £31,000 (DOE)
- Private Healthcare (discounted for family)
- 4x Death in Service
- Excellent Pension (10% employer % 5% employee contribution)
- Flexible Working Hours
- 25 Days Holidays + 8 Bank Holidays
- Opportunity to advance in either science or management paths
- Office is commutable on public transport
- Full time permanent role (37.5 hours per week)
Apply right now by calling Oliver Gill – Global Recruitment Manager at Langton Howarth Ltd on + 44 (0) 113 243 3499 and email your up-to-date word CV to firstname.lastname@example.org Langton Howarth is the market leading scientific supplies company placing people into dream jobs across the UK and Europe daily.
To be considered for this role you must have the right to work in the UK
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we will ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice!