Location: Site based in Paisley, Scotland
Shift Pattern: Weeklyrotating shift pattern (7am – 2pm & 2pm – 10pm)
My client is a true global market leader across the life sciences sector whose products, technology and services support and accelerate scientific discovery!
With particular focus on customer satisfaction, they retain business at an extremely high rate and have a firm majority of the market share in a variety of markets as a result.
As a Scientist within the oligo manufacturing team, you will be hands on in the lab and collaborate with manufacturing, engineering, quality & product management. You will be supporting NPIs, developing new methods and playing an integral part to implementation of new technologies.
Key responsibilities of the Scientist:
- Maintain a pulse on latest industry practices and trends and facilitate the incorporation of that information into instrumentation product development efforts.
- Must have industry experience of taking NPIs from concept to product offerings
- Method development on liquid handling. UPLC/HPLC & LCMS & automation
- Hands-on in the lab performing synthesis and purification based on designed studies to support the above
- This includes but is not limited to handling raw materials/intermediates/products of multiple-step synthesis, chromatography and previous knowledge of conventional reaction techniques, handling of air and moistures characterizing the products of chemical reactions using appropriate instrumentation including, but not limited to, UHPLC, HPLC, mass spectrometry and LCMS
- Understands oligo, probes, assays & peptide products and had previous exposure to how these are used in customer and internal processes. GMP, GLP & ISO
- Be the voice of the customer, and the resident chemist expert within instrumentation for oligonucleotide
The requirements of the Scientist:
- You will have 1+ years industry experience post-graduation in either a Junior Scientist, Research Assistant, Chemist, or similar laboratory-based role working in areas such as Protein Expression, Protein Purification, Assay Development, Peptides, or similar field
- BSc/MSc or ideally PhD in a Biology, Chemistry, or equivalent field
- Experience of either ISO 9001 and/or 13485 standards is a must
- Results driven with a proven track record of achieving/ exceeding departmental objectives
- Extremely proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, able to quickly learn internal IT systems, (E1, Agile EDMS, MES, etc.)
- Must be able to show previous NPI set up and execution
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and execute on productivity targets & proven track record of hitting timelines
- Excellent communication & oral skills and ability to present at all business levels
- Collaborate to generate data for and write case studies demonstrating the performance of our instruments
- Base Salary Circa £30,000 – £32,000 (DOE)
- 7.5% Annual Bonus
- 7.5% Shift Allowance
- Private Healthcare
- 25 Days Holidays + 8 Bank Holidays
Apply right now by calling Oliver Gill – Global Recruitment Manager at Langton Howarth Ltd on + 44 (0) 113 243 3499 and email your up-to-date word CV to email@example.com Langton Howarth is the market leading scientific supplies company placing people into dream jobs across the UK and Europe daily.
To be considered for this role you must have the right to work in the UK
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we will ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice!