Scientific Sales Representative
Salary: Negotiable Basic Salary + OTE + Pension + Company Car + 20 Days Holiday Per Year + 8 Bank Holidays + Mobile Phone + Laptop
Territory: London, Oxford and Cambridge
The requirements of the Scientific Sales Representative:
- Right now, you will be selling either Laboratory Equipment, Reagents or Consumables; examples of products you could be selling include: Molecular and Cell Biology, ELISA, Western Blotting, Microscopy, Electrophoresis, Pipettes/ Tips, PCR, qPCR, Scales, PH Meters, Centrifuges, Measurement Equipment, Cell Imaging, Cell Counting, Molecular Imaging, NGS, Microarray, DNA Documentation, Electron Microscopy or similar areas
- To be considered for this position you will have either existing life sciences field sales experience (2+ years) selling scientific research equipment into the Academia, Biotech or Pharmaceutical sectors
- You must be educated to a minimum of a BSc degree in a Scientific subject such as Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Immunology, Genetics, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Cancer Biology or very closely related area
- • You must have a Full UK driving licence
The role of the Scientific Sales Representative:
- Generate new leads in order to increase sales in London, Oxford and Cambridge
- The successful candidate will be responsible for identifying new opportunities, following up on potential leads and establishing contact with existing customers
- Candidates will need to have the ability to demo instrumentations and travel up to 5 days a week across the territory
- The Product Specialist will also monitor technology trends in order to identify emerging scientific markets and potential new products for distribution in order to expand revenue
- Use all available resources to identify new prospects and attempt to turn those prospects into customers
- Collaborate with the management team to improve marketing materials and expand the company’s marketing presence across the golden triangle
- Attend industry trade shows to accumulate new leads and make productive contact with existing clients
- Update client information in the company contact database
- Stay on top of industry trends to identify potential opportunities for company growth
- My client has established themselves as an up and coming laboratory instruments and consumables provider. Working in the cell and molecular biology area they currently sell to a range of clients across the academic & research sectors
- They are continuously exhibiting growth and development month by month, and immediately require an enthusiastic and outgoing salesperson to join their already successful team
For more information about the role or to apply send your CV now to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Ben Atherton today on +44 (0) 113 243 3499 to discuss confidentially in further detail.
In order to be considered for the role you must have the right to work in the UK.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.