Sales Representative – Laboratory Equipment and Supplies (Central London and Home Counties)
Salary: £25,000 – £35,000 + 10% Bonus Paid Quarterly + Full expensed company car with fuel card + Up to 6% Pension Scheme + Private Medical Cover + Medicash Scheme + 25 Days Holiday + 8 Bank Holidays + Buy or Sell 5 Holidays + Profit Share in the company
Location: Field based in and around London and the Home Counties
Do you want to join a smaller/ medium sized company with the opportunity to make a real impact on the business as a whole?
Would you like to be part of a business that has been supplying laboratory equipment and water testing globally for over 60 years?
Want to work for a team that are committed to quality and are BSI ISO certified as well as SafeContractor approved?
The requirements of the Sales Representative:
- You must have field based sales experience, i.e you could currently be an Account Manager, Area Sales Manager, Business Development Manager, Territory Manager, Sales Specialist and you must have experience working within the Life Sciences/ Biotechnology, or Chemistry sector selling products such as: Pipettes, Plasticware, Glassware, Shakers, Stirrers, Electrophoresis, PPE (personal protective equipment), safety gloves, protective clothing or a closely related product range
- You must be living within the territory which includes the following areas: St Albans, Brighton, Canterbury, Hemel Hempstead, Luton, Medway, Redhill, Slough, Southend, Tonbridge or in Greater London/ Central London
- To be successful in the role of Sales Representative you must hold a Life Sciences or Chemistry related degree (minimum of a BSc) such as Biology, Biotechnology, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Environmental Science, Analytical Chemistry, Spectroscopy or have equivalent experience as the Sales Representative
- Must hold a full UK driving licence
The role of the Sales Representative:
- To promote the company’s products and services to include: PCR (polymerase chain reaction), Glass and Plasticware, Plates, Pipettes, Autoclaves, Spectrophotometers, Thermal Cyclers, Incubators, pH Meters, Shakers
- Customers you will work will include: Private Laboratories, Industrial, Higher Education/ Academia, Utilities as well as Food and Beverage accounts
- Engage with all different levels of the hierarchy including: laboratory staff, procurement, sales, marketing, customer service and higher management all the way up to director level)
- Deliver a comprehensive value proposition to meet customer needs which includes all relative components of the company’s capabilities
- Work with preferred suppliers on the territory to ensure the correct product profile is sold
- Ensure the customer record database is maintained
- Use the key business tools to help you drive performance i.e. SAP, Excel, i-Present and Core Suite
My Client and the Opportunity:
- My client is one of the market leading manufacturers and distributors within the life sciences industry who have an exciting and innovative product portfolio of laboratory products, instrumentation and consumables that are outsourced to the end users in the; Academia, R&D, Bio Tech & Industrial sectors. They have built an outstanding reputation over the last 60 years and they have secured the trust of over 600 manufacturers to be the face for the sale of their products
- This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual to work within a family feel organisation, where your opinion is valued and you can make a real positive impact with the work you do, and great career opportunities to progress within the company in a variety of different roles
- You have the opportunity to make a real positive impact and get direct day to day contact with the senior managers and the Managing Director to suggest your changes to any area of the business
Apply today by sending your word CV to Ben Atherton of Langton Howarth Ltd via email to email@example.com or call Ben in confidence right now for more information on 0113 243 3499.
In order to be considered for the role you must have full right to work in the UK
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.