Business Development Manager – Life Science
Salary: £30,000 – £40,000 + Commission + Company Car + 23 Days Holiday (Plus Bank Holidays) + Excellent Pension + Phone + Laptop + Life Insurance 3x Salary + Medical Cash Plan
Territory: Midlands and North UK (Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds, Cambridge, North Wales, Hereford, Suffolk, Worcester, Warwick, Nottingham and Scotland)
The Requirements of the Business Development Manager:
- Degree educated to minimum BSc in Life Sciences or a life science degree such as Biomedical Science, Biological Studies, Molecular Biology, Microbiology
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a laboratory capital equipment sales environment (as an Account Manager, Technical Sales Specialist, Sales Representative, Territory Manager, Product Specialist, Regional Manager or Area Sales Manager) ideally selling to the Pharmaceutical or Biotech industries
- You may be currently selling products such as: Centrifuges, Autoclaves, Balances, Incubators, Analysers, Microplate Readers, Microscopes/ Microscopy, Cell Counters, PH/ Oxygen Meters, Furnaces, Glass Washers, Spectrophotometers, Thermal Cyclers, Test Chambers, Viscometry or Water Purification Instruments
- You will be very self-motivated, determined, personable, highly organised and skilled at managing time effectively as the Business Development Manager
The Responsibilities of the Business Development Manager:
- Daily direct selling of the Life Science Capital Equipment decontamination product portfolio, with a mixture of prominently business development but also working with existing accounts
- Profiling of key accounts identified within territory, information gathering and qualification of the key end users (purchasing, safety officers, lab managers, contract managers, projects managers etc)
- A considerable level of commercial astuteness and sales expertise is required for effective negotiation
- Exhibition/conference attendance, organisation of seminars, demonstrations
- Arrange for Project Manager to liaise with facilities/estates and end users regarding projects
- Arrange Site surveys/audits for products and services
The Company and Opportunity:
- My client is a leading provider of innovative biotechnology solutions to the Life Sciences and Healthcare industries
- They specialise in the research, design and manufacturing a variety of Life Science products
- With an emphasis on forward thinking and creativity they require talented and passionate people to join their team
For more information about the role or to apply send your CV now to email@example.com or call Ben Atherton today on 0113 243 3499.
To apply for this role, you must have the right to work in the UK.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone who could be good for the role, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.