Sales Executive – Laboratory Equipment
Salary: £30,000 – £40,000 + OTE up to: £18,000 + Company Car + iPhone + Laptop + iPad + Pension (6% Employer)
Territory: South East UK & London
Home Based: M25 Corridor (Reading, Slough, Guildford, Crawley, Watford, St Albans, Harlow etc.)
The Requirements of Sales Executive:
- A qualification in a chemistry or related discipline such as Biochemistry, Organic Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, Forensic Science, Analytical Chemistry, Pharmacology etc. A Bioscience/Life Science degree would also be accepted with sufficient product knowledge
- Excellent territory management skills, including prospecting, sales planning & market knowledge
- Good understanding of Strategic Selling & Account Management including but not limited to; closing skills, motivation for sales, presentation skills, selling customer needs, meeting sales targets
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- At least a years’ successful experience as a Field Sales Executive, Sales Representative, Sales Specialist, Business Development Manager or Product Specialist selling into academic and/or pharma accounts
- Home-based situated within the territory
- The Sales Executive must have a Full and Clean UK Drivers Licence
The Role of Sales Executive:
- Promote and advertise my client’s broad range of laboratory and benchtop equipment to customer accounts and end-users by contacting and visiting customers
- Expand the business’ market share in the assigned territories
- Penetrate and develop new accounts and maintain the existing sales accounts
- Prospect and develop new opportunities
- Monitor the operation of the agreement and the contract, incl. payment, delivery, after service etc. Everything from cradle to grave
- Collect the customer’s needs and market information (e.g. competition activities)
- Maintain a good customer relationship and introduce new promotion plans to them
- Perform sales calls and presentations and /or key account seminars to the customers
- Manage and coordinate tradeshows within the region and participate in them
- My client is a leading manufacturer of specialised laboratory equipment for the chemistry research market
- They are a business that has achieved phenomenal growth – Opening up their UK Operation in 2016 they now have 8 employees and they are achieving £multi-million turnover!
- They immediately require a new Sales Executive to build market position whilst also protecting existing business throughout London & the South East
For more information about the role or to apply send your CV now to OwenFothergill@langtonhowarth.com or call Owen today on 0113 243 3499.
You must have the right to work in the UK.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So if you know someone who could be good for the role, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.