Sales Engineer – Environmental & Process Monitoring
Salary: Negotiable DOE + Bonus + Car Allowance (£550per month) + Pension + Bupa Healthcare + Holidays + Stats
Territory: UK and Ireland
Your Location: Anywhere with good motorway links – must be able to travel to Northampton on a regular basis and UK customer locations and companies abroad if required
Do you currently hold the title and responsibility of either a Sales Engineer, Sales Specialist, Sales Manager, Technical Sales, Account Manager, Field Service Engineer, Service Technician or similar?
Do you have experience in ambient air monitoring and / or combustion fields?
Are you familiar with gas metrology methodologies?
Are you tenacious, passionate, ambitious and results driven?
If you answered yes to the above, then this may be the ideal role for you…
Main Purpose of the role
Manage the sales activities within the UK and Ireland territory ensuring that customer requirements are met throughout the sales and after sales process.
The role of the Sales Engineer:
- You will work closely with the Europe Process and Environment segment to develop and implement marketing strategies in the UK and Eire
- Establish new OEM and end-user accounts
- Give technical sales presentations to existing and potential customers
- Increase company revenue by overseeing and directing marketing & sales activities for potential and existing customers
- To ensure that the sales achieved match the agreed budgets and forecasts Deviations should be analysed, and correction plans developed where necessary
- The Sales Manager retains overall responsibility for their projects from quotation through customer acceptance and post sales
- The Sales Manager determines pricing to the market including products, projects, service contracts and spare parts pricing
- Assess and motivate direct reports to ensure they fulfil their potential
- Provide customer visit reports
- Provide monthly activity reports
The Requirements / Skills and Experience of the Sales Engineer:
- The ideal candidate will already have 3 + years of technical sales experience, (preferably within the ambient air monitoring and/or combustion fields)
- You could also be a Field Service Engineer/Field Technician/Service Technician right now who has hands on experience with Ambient/Combustion/Process analysis equipment who is motivated to use their technical experience in a sales role
- You will have a BSc Degree in either a Life Sciences, Chemistry, Engineering, Environmental Sciences/ HND technical discipline
- Familiar with gas metrology methodologies
- A good understanding of the current requirements of the ambient and combustion fields
- A good understanding of the equipment and systems necessary to meet the market requirements
- Strong Communication and Interpersonal skills
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Ability to motivate and manage subordinates
- Technical aptitude, Forecasting, Negotiation Skills
- PC Skills – Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Email etc
- The ability to develop long term relationships with customers
- A proven track record of successful technical sales to a relevant industry
- Well organised and excellent time management
- Ability to delegate tasks
- Good interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Ability to effectively solve problems
- A proven track record of successful technical sales
- Ability to make and deliver a strategy
- You must have a full UK Driving licence
- My client is a market leading company providing a wide range of technologies to measure air, water and soil quality
- Their market leading analysers provide accurate, low maintenance emission measurement in the field of environmental and process analysis
- They are able to offer a complete service starting from design through to installation, including startup, training and certification
For more information about the role or to apply send your CV now to olivergill@Langtonhowarth.com and or call Oliver today on +44 (0) 113 243 3499.
You must have the right to work in the EU.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone would be good for the Sales Engineer role, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 (o/e) of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.