Sales & Applications Solution Specialist – Chemicals & Reagents
Salary: £30,000 – £40,000 + 25% OTE (Uncapped) + Fully Expensed Company Car Pension + Private Healthcare (Discounted for Family) + Laptop + Mobile + iPad + 25 Days Holiday + 8 Bank Holidays + Buy or Sell an Extra 5 holidays + 4x Basic Salary in Life Insurance
Territory: Wales, West Midlands & M62 Corridor (Leeds, Manchester, Liverpool, Birmingham, Cardiff etc)
Home Location: Anywhere on territory
The Requirements of the Key Account Manager:
- A minimum of 3+ years previous Chemicals and/or Reagents sales experience is highly desirable, particularly in the pharmaceutical, life sciences or biotechnology sector
- Wide-ranging knowledge of the UK Chemicals & Reagents market, ideally with broad experience across Laboratory and Production Chemicals & Reagents – General Reagents; Analytical Reagents (Solvents, Salts, Acids, Bases, Volumetric Solutions, Standards, pH buffers, High Purity Chemicals, Biochemicals, Karl-Fischer Reagents, and Pharmacopeia Chemicals); Technical Chemicals; Test Kits for Environmental Analysis and associated instruments; Detergents; Clinical Reagents
- Educated to BSc level (or equivalent qualification) in a life science or chemistry-based subject
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to produce accurate and punctual reports
- Good IT skills (MS Office Suite, CRM, QlikView, SAP)
- Entrepreneurship, dynamism and adaptable to changing needs of the organisation and the product sector.
- Preparation and delivery of presentations to a high standard for suppliers, internal and external customers.
- Commercial understanding of market, competition, pricing and discount structures.
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple projects and business critical tasks to meet required deadlines
- You must have a full UK driving licence
The Responsibilities of the Key Account Manager:
- You will be responsible for the achievement of Chemicals & Reagent portfolio sales / margin target
- Increase awareness of the Chemicals & Reagents portfolio across the current client base
- Manage and cultivate business relationships with Chemicals & Reagents European and local suppliers, gaining support for business growth via joint marketing activity and price support
- Ensure local implementation of my client’s European Chemicals & Reagents marketing strategy, also considering the local business requirements
- Ensure that the UK Field Account Managers, Product Specialists, and internal associates have regular product training, so they provide the best service possible to the customers
- Develop Chemicals & Reagents product opportunities, facilitate execution through the relevant Regional Sales Managers, Field and Internal Account Managers, and Product Specialists
- Design, organise and launch market relevant and successful promotional activities and events
- Provide suitable local pricing and proofread UK and European promotions and e-newsletters
- Ensure adequate stock levels, and ensure correct delivery conditions are met for Chemicals & Reagents products in conjunction with local Procurement and European Central Planning teams
- Review and ensure accuracy of product masterdata in SAP
- Load new suppliers or articles onto SAP when required
- Ensure that product entries on the web or hosted data sites are accurate and accessible
- Work as a team with relevant colleagues to win new Chemicals & Reagents tender business and retain existing business
- Provide technical advice; product cross-reference support; sample request support; demo requests; managing demo/exhibition stock
- Evaluate product gaps, and possible new suppliers and services to add to portfolio locally and within wider European scope, including my client’s Collection products
- Conduct regular business reviews with Management teams to drive the Chemicals & Reagents business in each region or business segment
- Plan and present at local events such as Supplier Exhibition Days or internal training days
- Field support for Product Specialists, and Account Managers directly and through the Product Specialists, to provide regular sales and product training, and to support technical customer visits
- Provide market intelligence from the UK and feedback on European marketing campaigns
- Provide sales reports and business plans as required
- Our client is market leading global laboratory supplies & high-quality safety equipment company with worldwide sales of over $3.5 billion US dollars, over 8,500 employees in over 25 different countries
- Offering a diversified product mix, including chemicals, glassware, plastic ware, equipment, instruments and other life science and laboratory products/ supplies, head to toe safety and protective wear, protective clothing and a large range of Safety signs, first aid kits and waste management equipment
Apply right now by calling Oliver Gill – Specialist Recruitment Consultant at Langton Howarth Ltd on 0113 243 3499 or email your up to date word CV to email@example.com Langton Howarth is the market leading scientific supplies company placing people into dream jobs across the UK and Europe daily.
You must have full right to work in the UK to be considered for this role.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street