Salary: £20,000 – £30,000 + Free Parking + Annual Bonus + Dental Insurance + 25 Holidays + Bank Holidays
The Requirements of the Research Assistant:
- 2-3 years of laboratory experience working in areas such as Cell Culture, Culturing Primary Cells, Stem Cells, Cardiomyocytes, Sensory Neurons, Sensory progenitors etc.
- Previous jobs could include: Laboratory Assistant, Laboratory Technician, Research Assistant, Research Technician, Cell Culture Technician, Biology Technician or similar
- Must also hold a relevant biological degree ideally at BSc or MSc level – You could have graduated within Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Biological Sciences, Biomedical Science
- Extensive experience of culturing primary cells and or cell lines
- Experience of maintaining/differentiating human stem cells, ideally induced pluripotent stem cells
- Knowledge of cell based assays, immunocytochemistry and PCR
- Ability to learn new skills quickly in order work independently
- A high degree of attention to detail in all aspects of work
- Computer literate: Microsoft office programmes including word and Excel
The Position of Research Assistant:
- Carry out high quality cell culture. To include generating, expanding, maintaining and banking cellular material in a timely fashion using proven laboratory protocols
- Ensure that all products manufactured in house are of high quality and consistent across different batches
- Troubleshoot laboratory processes by designing and planning experiments carrying them out, reporting the data and feeding back these improvements into SOPs
- Partake in laboratory maintenance and cleaning as required
- Assist with managing the day to day running of the lab, ordering of consumables and tracking of stock through the lab
- Interact with other members of the laboratory team to provide exchange of information
- Ensure that all laboratory work is accurately recorded in laboratory notebooks in sufficient detail for it to be reproduced by another scientist
- My client’s stem cell derived products and cell culture reagents are a core part of their business
- This position involves working in a well-equipped modern laboratory to SOP controlled processes
- They have a passion for great science, delivering epic support and innovating future products to help our customers advance faster in their research
- Providing both products and service they are a true innovator and a leader within their market
For more information about the role or to apply send your CV now to OwenFothergill@langtonhowarth.com or call Owen today on 0113 243 3499.
You must have the right to work in the UK to apply.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.