Regional Sourcing Leader – Life Sciences
Salary: £50,000 – £70,000 DOE + 10% Bonus + Full Blue-Chip Company Benefits
Home Based: Currently living in the UK, ideally in the North West UK (Manchester, Liverpool etc.) OR Golden Triangle (London, Oxford, Cambridge areas) – flexibility for the right candidate
Do you currently hold the title and responsibility of Senior Procurement Manager, Procurement Director, Head of Procurement, Senior Category Manager or similar?
Do you specialize in high value, complex & highly regulated European procurement projects in the Life Sciences, Biotech, Pharma, Healthcare or related field?
Do you have extensive experience managing cross sites, multiple vendors and diverse procurement/supply chain teams?
If you answered yes to the above, then this may be the ideal role for you…
The Requirements of the Regional Sourcing Leader:
- To be considered for the Regional Sourcing Leader role you must be an experienced procurement professional (5 -10 years minimum) with extensive knowledge of sourcing and supply chain management
- Life Sciences or related industry expertise covering Laboratory Instrumentation and Services
- Laboratory/multi-vendor platform experience is required
- Understanding of compliance impact as it relates to service provision within Life Science regulated environments
- Bachelor’s Degree – Business Administration/Procurement or Technical, MBA Preferred
- Contract law knowledge and working experience of supplier T&Cs
- Team Management & Development Experience
- Negotiating supplier contracts including complex service agreements
- Flexibility to undertake Regional & International travel when required
- Supplier rationalization, Development & Measurement
- Procurement Plans, Forecasting and Strategies
- E-procurement experience preferable
- MCIPS, CPM, CPSM or equivalent professional qualification
- Managing facilities management categories
- Preferred Supplier Programmes Exposure
- Business Reporting Experience
The role of the Regional Sourcing Leader:
- As the Regional Sourcing Leader, you will lead the Regional Procurement (Supply Chain Solutions) organisation, within an international, highly regulated and complex environment
- Manage an extensive range of services across the Laboratory Services divisions / industries on behalf of enterprise client accounts within specified geography
- Manage the Regional Supply Chain Solutions team which can consist of Sourcing / Contract Managers, Contract Support, Lead Sourcing Specialists, Sourcing Specialists, Buyers, Program / Projects Coordinators & interns
- Work in collaboration with Category Management / Supplier Quality Development, EMEA (Supply Chain Solutions) & Global Procurement organisation to define, develop & implement regional Supply Chain Management programs, guaranteeing; Delivery of the Divisional Leadership & client contractual obligations for Procurement
- Own all aspects of Supply Chain Solutions at regional level, ensuring supplier relationship management, consistent delivery & implementation of all Procurement initiatives
- As the EMEA Supply Chain Solutions lead, you will provide key contributions in strategy development for regional, category management, supplier development & business development
- Deliver policy adherence and implementation of innovation, continuous improvement, best business practice tools
- Produce and maintain reporting both internally and to clients to fulfill the business requirements
- Guarantee availability of the requisite internal and external suppliers for current and future business needs, as well as their development and supply in terms of quality, promptness and economical cost for meeting Gross Margin objectives and specific customers’ demands
- Be the main point of Supply Chain contact and coordination for business pursuits and transitions of business
- Undertake analytics, review and selection of Preferred Suppliers; including the negotiation of subsequent agreement(s)
For more information about the role or to apply send your CV now to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Oliver Gill today on +44 (0) 113 243 3499.
You must have the right to work in the EU.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone would be good for Regional Sourcing Leader role, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 (o/e) of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.