Base Salary Circa: £30,000 DOE + 4% Employer Pension Contribution Increasing To 6% After 5 Years of Service + Share Purchase Scheme (5% discount on market price) + 3x Life Assurance Scheme + Free Parking + 20 Days Holidays Rising to 27 Days After 10 Years + 8 Bank Holidays + Option to Buy 5 Additional Holidays Each Year
Site based in Ayrshire
The Requirements of the R&D Scientist:
- The ideal candidate will already have 1+ years’ experience in a similar R&D Scientist, Research Scientist, Associate Scientist or Research Technician role
- Within your current role you will have hands on experience of Gold conjugations, antibody and protein conjugations as well as an understanding of the buffers needed for stability, dilutions and spraying
- You will also ideally have either a PhD (or MSc/BSc) in a Biological or Chemical Science (in areas such as Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Genetics, Biomedical Science, Immunology ideally or closely related area)
- A good understanding of protein purification chemistries and custom purifications such as Protein A/G
- A clear understanding of lateral flow architecture, their materials and their influences on device development
- ELISA development, including antibody coating buffers washes, conjugates (including HPR) and screening methods and testing to optimise each step
- An understanding of sandwich and competitive formats common to ELISA
- Solid basic chemistry skills (making buffers, reagents, pipetting, pH, chemical handing) and lab space clean up
- An extensive knowledge and ability to follow GLP
The Role of the R&D Scientist:
- Responsibility for the timely development of immunoassay based products as prescribed by the company
- Project lead for at least one development project
- Aid in the training of junior staff
- Maintenance of R&D equipment
- Maintenance of complete and detailed R&D documentation.
- Provision of technical support to other departments
- Contribute to trouble shooting activities when needed
- Aid in the preparation of materials for sales and marketing in support of new and existing products
- Preparation of draft Production Procedures, QC procedures and other documentation of new products
- Take reasonable care of the health and safety of themselves and other persons who may be affected by their actions or omissions
The Company & Opportunity
- My client is a global leader in the field of Quality Control/Analysis for Food and Hygiene testing laboratories
- They are experiencing rapid double-digit growth year on year making them one of the most exciting but also stable employers in the Food Safety market today!
- They have won numerous awards and were most notably awarded the Queens Award for Enterprise for international trade and development, one of the highest awards bestowed on a UK company
For more information about the R&D Scientist role or to apply send your CV now to firstname.lastname@example.org and call Oliver Gill right now on 0113 243 3499 to discuss this in confidence.
You must have full right to work in the UK to be considered for this role.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you