Salary: £24,000 – £26,000 + Free Parking + 20 Holidays (Rising with each year of service) + Bank Holidays + Excellent Pension + Life Insurance + Share Options after 6 months
Based: Ayr, Scotland
The Requirements of R&D Scientist
- Ideally you will be PhD Qualified in a relevant scientific field such as Biomedical Sciences, Chemistry, Biochemistry etc.
- Thorough understanding of immunoassay technology (lateral flow experience would be very beneficial)
- A good understanding of relevant biochemical methods and technologies
- Experience working with Allergans, Elisa development or Coagulation Chemistry would be beneficial
- Ability to plan development projects; deliver projects to schedule; work without supervision; work to deadlines and contribute to project planning
- Excellent communicational and presentational skills
- Keep up to date with pertinent developments within relevant field of interest
The Role of R&D Scientist
- Responsibility for the timely development of immunoassay based products as prescribed by the company
- Aid in the training and development of junior staff
- Contribute to trouble shooting activities when needed along with maintenance of R&D equipment
- Maintenance of complete and detailed R&D documentation
- Provision of technical support to other departments
- Aid in the preparation of materials for sales and marketing in support of new and existing products
- Preparation of draft Production Procedures, QC procedures and other documentation of new products
- Take reasonable care of the health and safety of themselves and other persons who may be affected by their actions or omissions
The Company & Opportunity
- My client is a global leader in the field of Quality Control/Analysis for Food and Hygiene testing laboratories.
- This specific position is within their Distribution division for their wide range of Microbiology Test Kits which serve the Food and Agricultural markets
- They are experiencing rapid growth as they have focused on the demands of the European market and so have direct sales forces in France, Germany, UK, Netherlands, Ireland and Switzerland
- Awarded the Queens Award for Enterprise for international trade and development, one of the highest awards bestowed on a UK company
For more information about the role or to apply send your CV now to OwenFothergill@langtonhowarth.com or call Owen today on 0113 243 3499.
You must have the right to work in the UK to apply.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.