Location: Site based in Cambridge
My client is a leading integrated drug discovery CRO that has been setting the highest standards in drug discovery, with a particular emphasis on small molecule research, since 2001. They work in partnership with clients from a variety of sectors including academic, pharmaceutical, biotechnology and patient foundation organisations around the world.
As a CRO with targets / timeframes to work towards, they are well known for managing the clients expectations and offer excellent employee work /life balance, and mental health support, which has created a very open and supportive structure across the entire organisation.
This is a brand-new role created due to our clients continued growth. You will be working with exciting life science & biotech clients who truly want to partner with you throughout the Protein Purification, Protein Expression & Protein Crystallization work that you will undertake for them. If you are passionate about protein science, solving protein structures and love to talk about your work, then this would be the ideal role for you!
The Protein Science team in which you will be an integral part of offers clients a comprehensive range of services including molecular biology; protein production for biochemical and biophysical assays, and for structural biology, including structural analysis of proteins and proteins in complex with potential new drugs in development by X-ray crystallography.
Day to day of the role:
- Plan and implement experimental structural biology projects, solving any problems that arise
- Undertake protein crystallisation studies, including soaking or co-crystallisation with test compounds and freezing crystals for synchrotron X-ray analysis and data collection
- Support routine laboratory operation and maintenance
- Prepare and present oral and written reports on research activities to internal and external audiences
- Solving data sets and refinement of protein ligand structures
- Maintain appropriate awareness of safety procedures, attend required safety training and adhere to laboratory safety rules as defined by the host department
- Ensure that all duties are performed in accordance with organisational standards, policies and procedures
You will be currently working as a Laboratory Scientist, with extensive experience in Protein Crystallography, including structural analysis of protein-ligand structures by X-ray crystallography
The ability to work independently in protein-ligand crystallisation, including crystal manipulation/ freezing, X-ray data collection and analysis, solving protein-ligand X-ray crystal structures independently and expert knowledge of the current software packages employed in protein crystallography (esp. XDS, CCP4, coot) is essential
You will have relevant experience in SBDD and interaction with medicinal chemistry preferably in a CRO, pharma or biotech setting, supported with publications and PDB depositions where applicable
XChem/ FBDD experience is desirable but not essential
Excellent communication / presentation skills are a must as role is client facing
- Excellent opportunities are available for further progression, as they are a fast-growing business, this could be into a supervisory / team leadership role, or opportunities to work on different parts of the business in other business divisions
- Base Salary is Negotiable (depending on experience)
- Private Healthcare (discounted for family)
- 4x Death in Service
- Flexible Working Hours
- 25 Days Holidays + 8 Bank Holidays
- Opportunity to advance in either science or management paths
- Full time permanent role (37.5 hours per week)
Apply right now by calling Ben Atherton – International Recruitment Manager at Langton Howarth Ltd on + 44 (0) 113 243 3499 and email your up-to-date word CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Langton Howarth is the market leading scientific supplies company placing people into dream jobs across the UK and Europe daily.
To be considered for this role you must have the right to work in the UK
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we will ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice!
|Job Category||Scientific Supplies|