Project Management Director
Salary Circa: £100,000 – £125,000 DOE + 25% Bonus + Car Allowance + Mobile Phone + Laptop + Pension + Healthcare + Company Share Scheme + 24 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
Do you currently hold the title and responsibility of Finance Director, Business Unit Director, Head of Finance, Chief Finance Officer, Finance & Projects Director or similar?
Do you have experience of managing & owning a multi-million £ P&L in a US organisation?
Do you have proven knowledge of, and experience of managing capital equipment programmes in the region of £500,000 up to £4m within the Life Sciences, Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology or Medical Devices industry?
If you answered yes to the above, then this may be the ideal role for you…
The Requirements of the Project Management Director:
- You must have a strong & extensive financial background and acumen within director level accounting, finance or CFO roles, including, but not limited to, experience with percentage of completion or milestone-based accounting methodologies
- You will have 5-10 years of experience working in either the Life Sciences, Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology or Medical Devices industry with custom or semi-custom bespoke capital equipment, including exposure to design, manufacturing, and installation
- You must have experience of site leadership and/or multi-site team and project/operational management
- You must have current multi-million £ P&L responsibility and be able to report key financial data to board level stakeholders
- Experience of managing capital equipment programmes is essential
- Previous experience in managing functions or businesses within a US publicly traded, global company
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at all levels of management up to and including the CEO
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with functional business partners and teams to maximise business performance – passionate commitment to customers while balancing business needs – drive and support a performance-driven culture
- “Lead by example” leader, engaged, energised, makes tough decisions, delivers consistent performance – builds a culture of success; proactive style with the ability to coordinate multiple and often conflicting priorities
The Role of Project Management Director:
- Manages scope, cost and schedule performance of capital equipment programs to achieve or exceed customer requirements and internal business financial expectations
- Manages the interactions between engineering, manufacturing operations and customers to achieve successful outcomes using risk mitigation techniques and approaches to maximize business results
- Provides reports to sr. leadership on program progress and performance and related action plans to achieve company financial objectives
- Updates and manages program costs and schedules taking proactive steps to ensure that the program achieves its customer and financial objectives
- Interacts and communicates with customers to manage contractual obligations including change variations where the customer has modified the scope or schedule
- Manages a small group of program managers responsible for managing multiple programs with global reach
- Supports talent acquisition – completes detailed interviews and assessments to top-grade talent and achieve ‘world-class’ program management capabilities
- Works with functional business partners – finance, HR, legal – to achieve underlying performance objectives
- My client is an international manufacturer of novel laboratory robotic solutions for the Drug Discovery sector
- They are a corporate entity with an entrepreneurial business unit which has seen successful year on year growth which is only set to continue!
For more information about the role or to apply send your CV now to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Oliver today on 0113 243 3499.
You must have authorisation to work in the UK.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.