Product Manager – Life Sciences Plastics & Consumables
Salary: Wide Open DOE + 10% Bonus + Pool Car Available + 7.5% Pension Scheme + Mobile Phone + Laptop + 25 Days Holiday + Stats (and 3 days shut down over Christmas) + Relocation Assistance Provided + Fantastic Career Progression Opportunities
Office Based: Stoke
- In order to be successful within the Product Manager role you must currently be working within one of the following industries: Laboratory Plastics, Laboratory Glassware, Reusable Plastics, General Plastics, Packaging, Cosmetics Packaging, Life Sciences Packaging, Pharmaceutical Packaging or the Small Containers sector
- You will ideally hold one of the following job titles: Product Manager, Product Specialist, Associate Product Manager, Category Manager, Product Marketing Manager, NPD Manager or Marketing Manager
- As the Product Manager you will be educated to degree level (BSc) within a Biological or Life Sciences/ Chemistry subject such as: Biochemistry, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Biotechnology, Immunology, Biomedical Science or Genetics and ideally you will have completed CIM qualification but this is not essential, this course can also be offered as part of the role if you haven’t completed it
- Ideally you will be living within a commutable distance to Stoke in order to be successful within the Product Manager role, you will be living in: Derby, Cheshire, Manchester, Walsall, Stockport or Warrington, currently employees travel from as far as Chester to get the office, a relocation assistance package would be provided if candidates needed help with this
- Must have experience in managing a product portfolio and used to launching new products into the market as well as have a good general idea of plastics technology, plastics production or plastics manufacturing techniques as the Product Manager
- Hold a full UK driving license in order to do site visits and attend conferences within the Product Manager role
- Reporting to the CEO and as a crucial member of the Global Portfolio team, you will be responsible for the efficient planning and roll-out of marketing activities in order to maximise the brand values and champion the brand to a global customer base within the Laboratory Consumables and Plastics industry
- As the Product Manager you will develop and implement marketing strategies and tactical initiatives to support the sales team in existing as well as new markets such as: Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, Custom Manufacturing, Custom Printing and Packaging
- Optimisation, development and maintenance of the existing product portfolio Research & Life Science products such as: Adapters, Beakers, Bottles, Chromatography & Filtration, Condensers, Connectors & Clamps, Containers, Desiccators, Extraction & Fractionation, Flasks, Funnels, Joints, Liquid Handling, Racks, Sample Handling, Sets, Stirrers and shakers, Thermometers, Tubes and many more different types of Laboratory Plastic ware and Glassware, working in close cooperation with the manufacturing site in the UK and the subsidiary in North America
- Other duties will be to: Develop and implement marketing plans, propose and implement New Product Development activities, provide product information management and technical support, supporting the sales team in developing the distribution channels, trade shows and exhibitions, Managing training of internal and external stakeholders
- Our client is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of laboratory products. With its portfolio of internationally recognised brands, it is the company behind some of the most famous names in science. Having been established since the 60’s they are now a trusted and well known leader within the laboratory consumables and plastics world
- Now the #1 manufacturer of plastics within the UK
- Fast growing company that are always adding and launching brand new and exciting product ranges as well as expanding their customer portfolio and worldwide brand recognition
- The company has a very flat structure and has an almost family feel where you can make more of a bigger impact on the overall success and be recognised and rewarded for your efforts and achievements along the way
For more information about the Product Manager role or to apply send your CV now to OwenFothergill@langtonhowarth.com or call Owen today on 0113 243 3499.
You must have the right to work in the UK to apply.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So if you know someone who could be good for the Product Manager, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.