Product Manager – Laboratory Automation
Salary: £40,000 – £60,000 basic + Private healthcare and medical cash back plan + Auto-enrolment pension scheme + Employee Share Purchase Scheme + 24 days holiday (plus public holidays) + free on-site car parking + excellent training and development opportunities + fast track to leadership
- You will be currently working as Product Manager, Product Specialist, Business Development Manager within a similar position, i.e. strategic product or marketing environment, in areas such as benchtop equipment, laboratory automation, capital equipment, multi-tube cappers, decappers/ automated decapping, sample storage, glass compound storage tubes, cryotubes, biological sample tubes, 2D barcode readers, markers or laboratory devices
- Educated to degree level or equivalent within a Scientific – Biology or Chemistry, Engineering or Technology (HNC, HND) discipline
- Must be based within a commutable distance to the company’s office in Manchester
- Hold a full UK driving licence
- Working within the global consumables and instruments team, with products such as benchtop instruments, decappers, 2D barcode readers and markers
Responsible for leading the product strategy, executing the product roadmap in a matrix organisation and achieving sustainable profit, revenue and market share, for a designated product line including biobanking, compound management, consumer genomics, synthetic biology, basic research and more
- You will be an information gatherer and market intelligence specialist who defines the strategic direction of the product portfolio
- The Product Manager will lead their own product line and develop business plans, forecasts, product positioning, pricing and go-to-market strategy in the marketplace.
- You will be responsible for defining and sustaining differentiation amongst competing products.
- Oversee market research, monitor competitive activity, identify customer needs, define product requirements and identify and evaluate marketing opportunities with product line objectives.
- You will work cross-functionally with engineering, marketing, operations, service and sales to develop new products or enhance existing products and product lines.
- International travel, at least once per month, usually no longer than 3-4 days away at any one time – you will have the opportunity to visit and represent the company at conferences, distributors and customers
- My client is a market leader in the Automated Solutions field, focussed on Automated sample storage, storage consumables and associated devices
- Currently they operate in two main markets/ applications – Drug Discovery: typically, pharmaceutical companies wanting to store chemical compound samples to research Biobanking: academic/research institutes wanting to store biological samples
- Operating globally, with the UK, Europe, USA and Japan accounting for the majority of their market – you have ultimate autonomy, managing your own diary and a great chance to travel with the company
- The company has a large training budget, and they pay for further development and training for their staff, including MBA’s or Prince2 Project Management
- You will be a true expert / product manager in this specialist field, with the opportunity to really make it your own, you have high visibility within this position in a 25% YOY growth company with fast track to management opportunities
Apply today by sending your word CV to Ben Atherton of Langton Howarth Ltd via email to email@example.com or call Ben in confidence right now for more information on the contact number: 0113 243 3499.
In order to be considered for the role you must have the right to work in the UK
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.