Product Manager – Health & Beauty
Salary: £26,000 – £28,000 + Free Parking On-site + Discount On Products + 20 Days Holiday + 8 Bank Holidays + Positive Working Environment
Office Based: Peterborough, UK
- As a Product Manager, my client is looking for a tenacious self-starter with a can-do attitude who is looking for an opportunity to have a wide spectrum of responsibilities across account, product management and new product development
- Must have a proven track record developing products and account managing own label brands in industries such as: Health & Beauty/ Cosmetics, FMCG, Food and Beverage, Chocolate, Clothing, Luxury Goods, Bath, Body Care, Hair Care, Skincare, Sun Care, Male Grooming or similar field as long as you are account managing with retailers such as: Morrison’s, Boots, Superdrug, ASDA, Sainsbury’s, Tesco, Marks & Spencer, Debenhams or similar as the Product Manager
- Job titles you could hold right now as well as Product Manager: R&D Scientist, Technical Manager, Packaging Technologist, Innovation Technologist, Product Development Manager, Account Manager, NPD technologist, Product Development Specialist, New Product Developer, NPD Manager or similar title
- Possessing a full and clean driving license as travel to meetings once a week is required to meet with customers and you must be commutable within one hour of the Peterborough Head office in order to be successful as the Product Manager
- Ideally educated to degree level (not essential depending on experience and background)
The Role of Product Manager:
- Reporting to the Marketing Director, the Product Manager will be responsible for NPD/ Account Management of all own-brand products
- You will be the key driver of NPD (New Product Development) internally through the business, involving co-ordinating multi-functions and activities, including client liaison with Buyers, Packaging Technologist’s, R&D, suppliers and the customers within the retail industry such as: Boots and Superdrug whilst forming strong relationships with established customers, also adding value in identifying new products/category opportunities
- Managing the key account interface with Buyers, Technical and Product Managers, supply teams as well as interpretation of customers briefs/tenders
- You will be responsible for generation, preparation and presentation of new product concepts to customers and then working closely with the R&D on the customer’s briefs in response to this, carrying out all of the product costing, price negotiation & product cost engineering
- Carrying out sales forecasting and stock management responsibilities whilst also working with people at all business levels, from factory floor to key personnel in multiple retailers
The Company & Opportunity:
- My client is a leading manufacturer of private label personal care products with over 250 years’ experience in the business
- They are proud to supply some of the UK’s leading retailers including the top supermarkets and chemists with their Health & Beauty Products, their product ranges include: skincare, hair care, hard soaps, luxury bathing, candles, alcohol fillings, cosmetic packaging as well as much more!
- They are expert at taking a client’s blue sky brief and concept products to finished product in a very short space of time to be stocked product on the shop floor, with the most modern high tech manufacturing plant utilising sophisticated production equipment, they have an established reputation for exceptional NPD, product innovation, customer service and high quality product portfolio and are the only company in the UK with the capabilities for private label, branded label, licensed brands, alcohol filling, candles and hard soap manufacturing right now
- Their facilities and the highly talented and long-standing staff in the business allows our client to work the full production cycle from concept to completion at a rapid pace to meet the needs of retailers and consumers
- Opportunities to progress within this business are endless, they are a highly innovative company that are winning awards and market share year on year in all categories. Their business is always changing so the opportunities to progress are real based upon your success
For more information about the Product Manager role or to apply send your CV now to Anna@beautifulrecruitment.com or call Anna today on 0203 911 1000.
To apply for this role you must have the right to work in the UK.
Beautiful Recruitment also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So if you know someone who could be good for this role, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.