Product Manager – Disinfectants
Salary: £35,000 – £45,000 DOE + Free Parking + 20 Holidays (Rising with each year of service) + Bank Holidays + Pension + + Life Insurance + Share Options after 6 months
Office Based: Greater Manchester
The Requirements of Product Manager
- Scientific or Animal-based degree is essential
- Previous experience as a Product Manager for 2+ years
- You must have worked in industries such as Dairy, Poultry, Agriculture, Food or similar
- Knowledge of the Disinfectants, Sanitiser and/or detergent markets within Agriculture is beneficial
- Ability to present and demonstrate technical knowledge essential
- Excellent relationship management, organisational and planning skills as well as strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to work to deadlines and multitask while producing work of a high standard and accuracy
- Able to travel as required – Throughout the UK and occasionally overseas
The Role of Product Manager
- Acts as project champion for new products, leading product rejuvenation utilising an approved stage gate process
- Collaborates with wide variety of functional areas such as sales, marketing, communications, procurement, manufacturing, QA/QC, R&D, and/or outside vendors to develop and refine a product responsive to customer needs and market opportunities
- Lead the UK business to integrate a global product portfolio with our US parent company
- Helps identify market potential and marketing strategy, to manage products through introduction, maturity and phase-out
- Prepares training materials and executes product training to new and existing sales personnel for new product introductions and assigned product lines. Field trials of products to contractors and farmers of how to use products
- Attend industry trade shows and related meetings
- Advises, recommends and coordinates pricing strategies to satisfy the needs of each product group
The Company & Opportunity
- My client is a global leader in the field of Quality Control/Analysis for Food and Hygiene testing laboratories.
- This specific position is within their disinfectants division which serves the Animal Health market primarily
- They are experiencing rapid growth as they have focused on the demands of the European market and so have direct sales forces in France, Germany, UK, Netherlands, Ireland and Switzerland
- Awarded the Queens Award for Enterprise for international trade and development, one of the highest awards bestowed on a UK company
For more information about the role or to apply send your CV now to Ben@langtonhowarth.com or call Ben today on 0113 243 3499.
You must have the right to work in the UK to apply.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.