Location: Site base in Basel, Switzerland
This newly created Process Safety Specialist (HSE) role is the jewel in the crown for our client’s major top 5 blue chip pharmaceutical customer. This account is their most coveted customer, and it is no surprise that it is valued at more than 1 billion USD right now!
In this highly visible role, you will have access to the Chief Executive who sits on site and truly values everyone’s hard work and commitment. On top of this you will be surrounded at every turn by the best possible technology, and you will forge long term relationships with inspirational stakeholders.
If you are excited by the prospect of implementing highly effective Process Safety programs and would relish the opportunity to work on a prestigious R&D campus which is best described as a metropolis of stunning legacy and brand-new laboratory real estate, then this role could be perfect for you!
The requirements of the Process Safety Specialist (HSE):
- 10+ years of proven & continuous experience in a similar process safety role working at the level of a HSE Specialist, Process Safety Specialist, HSE Lead, Process Safety Engineer of equivalent title and responsibility
- Right now, you could be a Process Safety Specialist working for laboratory services/facilities management companies such as ISS A/S, Sodexo, JLL, EMCOR or within a pharmaceutical company such as BASF, Roche, Syngenta, Amgen, Lonza or similar within the region
- Alternatively, you could be working for a company within a hazardous materials industry such as Petrochemicals, Chemicals, Paint, or related chemical handling company
- Fluent/Native in German is a requirement & excellent English skills (written & spoken)
- Ideally you will have a formal qualification in an Electrical or Mechanical Engineering discipline and/or formal management qualifications in environmental or Safety management system auditing
- As a prerequisite you must have current knowledge & ideally experience of adhering to Seveso directives in your work environment
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence and effectively manage stakeholder interests in a fast-paced/dynamic organisation
- Skilled in leadership with the ability to articulate a vision and drive desired outcomes and digitally literate with experience in harnessing technology to achieve goals
- Full Swiss/EU driver’s license and valid passport with the ability to travel nationally & internationally when required
The role of the Process Safety Specialist (HSE):
- The purpose of this brand-new Process Safety Specialist (HSE) position is to ensure both safety and compliance of technical teams in highly regulated and hazardous scientific & engineering environments
- Interpret, embrace, and deliver the HSE strategy and to monitor and appraise leadership of its adoption
- Promote a safe working environment and keep up to date with changing regulations and legislations
- Act as the client interface and focal point for HSE on the client account and support the teams to achieve their operational objectives
- Support and deliver the on-account HSE audit schedule and support with cross divisional auditing
- Provide guidance and practical expertise on all matters related to Health, Safety & Environment ensuring there is appropriate day to day support, resource, and guidance
- Provide key input in the development and maintenance of the training strategy for the account in collaboration with internal stakeholders
Salary & Benefits:
- Base Salary Circa 140,000 CHF – 160,000 CHF (DOE)
- 13,000 CHF Car Allowance
- Circa 20% Bonus
- Blue Chip Company Benefits!
For more information about the role or to apply send your CV now to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Oliver Gill today on +44 (0) 113 243 3499.
You must have the right to work in Switzerland to be considered for this role Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone would be good for this role, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 (o/e) of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.
|Job Category||Scientific Supplies|