Location: Little Chesterford, Saffron Walden
Our client is a leading integrated drug discovery CRO that has been setting the highest standards in drug discovery, with a particular emphasis on small molecule research, since the early 2000’s.
They work in partnership with clients from a variety of sectors including academic, pharmaceutical, biotechnology and patient foundation organisations around the world with a focus on Assay Biology, Bespoke Assay Development, Small Molecules. Working across all disease areas you will have the opportunity to broaden your experience and skillset, by managing a range of bespoke assay development projects.
The role of Principle Scientist – Cell Biologist:
- Scientifically drive drug discovery projects with cutting edge cellular biology and pharmacology approaches to lead discovery and optimisation for client projects
- Responsibility for developing and performing cell-based assays (e.g., Fluorescence, TR-FRET techniques, alphaLISA assays, phenotypic assays, proliferation assays, ELISA, western blots etc.)
- Support routine laboratory operation and maintenance
- Prepare and present oral and written reports on research activities to internal and external audiences
- Managing client projects
- Actively pursue own personal development
- Maintain appropriate awareness of safety procedures, attend required safety training and adhere to laboratory safety rules as defined by the host department
- Ensure that all duties are performed in accordance with organisational standards, policies, and procedures
The requirements of the Principle Scientist – Cell Biologist:
- Prior to applying for this exciting role you will already have 5+ years of experience post education as an Associate/Principal Scientist, Cell Biologist or Assay Biologist
- You will have gained this experience working for either a CRO, Pharmaceutical or Biotech company within a Drug Discovery/ Small Molecule environment
- You will be educated in either a BSc, MSc or PhD in a scientific degree in the area of cell biology
- You will have demonstratable experience of cell biology and expertise in a number of relevant cell assay screening techniques (e.g. viability assays, fluorescence microscopy, cell signalling assays, or biomarker studies)
- The post also requires an individual with a sound knowledge and experience of cellular assay development and small molecule screening; however, additional training will be provided to broaden your skill set
- The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, a quick learner, have good problem-solving skills, and be able to work effectively in an inter-disciplinary team
Salary & Benefits:
- Base Salary Circa £35,600 – £53,500 DOE (Associate Principal Scientist level)
- Base Salary Circa £42,275 – £60,000 DOE (Principal Scientist level)
- Pension (10% employer contribution & 5% employee)
- Private Medical Cover
- 4 x salary life insurance
- 25 days holiday + 8 Bank Holidays
- Free Parking Onsite
Apply right now by calling Oliver Gill on +44 (0) 113 243 3499 or email your current CV on email@example.com. Langton Howarth is the market leading recruitment agency placing people into dream jobs across the UK and Europe daily.
To be considered for this role you must have a full right to work in the UK
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00(o/e) of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice.