Location: Little Chesterford, Saffron Walden
Our client is a leading integrated drug discovery CRO that has been setting the highest standards in drug discovery, with a particular emphasis on small molecule research, since the early 2000’s.
They work in partnership with clients from a variety of sectors including academic, pharmaceutical, biotechnology and patient foundation organisations around the world with a focus on Assay Biology, Bespoke Assay Development, Small Molecules. Working across all disease areas you will have the opportunity to broaden your experience and skillset, by managing a range of bespoke assay development projects.
The role of Principle Protein Scientist:
- Apply cutting edge biophysical/biochemical techniques for fragment hit identification and lead discovery for client projects
- Responsibility for developing and performing biophysical assays (e.g. SPR, microscale thermophoresis, thermal shift)
- Managing client projects and expectations to ensure positive relationships and maintained and developed
- Prepare and present oral and written reports on research activities to internal and external audiences
- Actively pursue own personal development
- Maintain appropriate awareness of safety procedures, attend required safety training and adhere to laboratory safety rules as defined by the host department
- Ensure that all duties are performed in accordance with organisational standards, policies and procedures
The requirements of the Principle Protein Scientist:
- Prior to applying for this exciting role you will already have 5+ years of experience post education as an Associate/Principal Protein Scientist, Protein Biochemist or Protein Scientist
- You will have gained this experience working for either a CRO, Pharmaceutical or Biotech company within a Drug Discovery, Small Molecule or Antibody environment
- Ideally you will have a PhD in a protein based area such as Biochemisty, Protein Science, Molecular Biology or related areas (BSc/MSc degree candidates are also welcomed to apply with relevant industry experience
- You must have demonstratable experience in performing biophysical screening techniques, such as thermal shift, SPR, and/or microscale thermophoresis
- Experience in biochemical assays (e.g. HTRF, Luminescence, fluorescence polarisation) would be an advantage
- The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, a quick learner, have good problem-solving skills, and be able to work effectively in an inter-disciplinary team
Salary & Benefits:
- Base Salary Circa £35,600 – £53,500 DOE (Associate Principal Scientist level)
- Base Salary Circa £42,275 – £60,000 DOE (Principal Scientist level)
- Pension (10% employer contribution & 5% employee)
- Private Medical Cover
- 4 x salary life insurance
- 25 days holiday + 8 Bank Holidays
- Free Parking Onsite
Apply right now by calling Oliver Gill on +44 (0) 113 243 3499 or email your current CV on firstname.lastname@example.org. Langton Howarth is the market leading recruitment agency placing people into dream jobs across the UK and Europe daily.
To be considered for this role you must have a full right to work in the UK
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00(o/e) of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice.