Senior Scientist – Immunometabolism
Basic Salary: Circa £40,000 – £50,000 (DOE) + Potential Equity Share + 25 Days Holiday + 8 Bank Holidays + 6% Pension Contribution + Private Medical Cover + Life Assurance + Excellent Onsite Facilities & Amenities
The requirements of the Senior Scientist:
- To be considered for the Principal Scientist role you must have 5+ years of extensive screening experience for small molecule samples for Drug Discovery projects
- You will hold the job title of Senior Scientist/Lead Scientist/Principal Scientist/ Senior Principal Scientist or equivalent and have extensive screening experience working for either a Biotech company such as UCB Celltech, Aptuit, Proimmune, Calcico Therapeutics, or a Pharmaceutical company such as GSK or AstraZeneca or a institute such as Cancer Research UK or Francis Crick Institute
- It is highly desirable that you hold a PhD in Pharmacology (or related scientific area such as oncology or immunology) or hold 3-5 years of industry laboratory experience post completion of a BSc and/or MSc degree
- You must have a strong background in Molecular Biology laboratory techniques
- Within your current company you will most likely be working in either a Pharmacology, Immunology, Oncology or High-throughput screening laboratory
- Extensive experience of developing and validating biochemical and cellular assays for areas such as Flow Cytometry, Phenotypic Assays or High Content Screening
- It is desirable that you have a background in the fields of immunometabolism and immuno-oncology
The role of the Senior Scientist:
- Working with the Head of Biology role you will be responsible for the development and prosecution of complex cell-based assays
- You will design, perform and interpret target validation studies
- Implementation of innovative screening cascades for immunometabolism targets from hitID through to candidate selection
- Efficiently convey, interpret and summarise data for presentation to different audiences (both scientific and commercial)
- Maintain an up to date electronic laboratory notebook
- Maintain assigned laboratory equipment and/or duties
- Adhere to all health and safety and COSHH regulations
- You will have a large input in writing quality manuals & communicating directly with CRO’s
- My client is a rapidly growing immunometabolism organisation which specialises in the areas of immuno-oncology and immuno-inflammation
- Because my client is in the early stages of their development you will have the unique opportunity to influence and scope the direction of the company moving forwards
- At any one time you will be involved in multiple ground-breaking drug discovery projects in a relatively new therapy area which means that no two days will ever be the same!
Apply today by sending your CV to Oliver Gill of Langton Howarth Ltd via email to email@example.com or call Oliver in confidence right now for more information on 0113 243 3499.
You must have the right to work in the UK.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.