Principal Medicinal Chemist
Basic Salary: £50,000 – £70,000 (DOE) + Pension + 25 days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays (pro rata) + Private Medical Insurance + Life Assurance + Discretionary bonus + Opportunity to work with a fun, dynamic and rapidly growing team
Based: Oxford (Can be in the office 3 days per week, with 2 days at home if needed)
- PhD or equivalent in organic chemistry or medicinal chemistry with a minimum of 7 years’ experience in an industrial drug discovery environment; or undergraduate degree with minimum 10 years’ experience in an industrial drug discovery environment, could be a Medicinal/ Principal Scientist within a Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology company
- Inventorship on patent applications exemplifying biologically‐important molecules
- Highly desired: background in oncology and/or immunology, strong publication record in peer‐reviewed journals and a track record of presenting at scientific conferences
- Managing remote teams of medicinal and synthetic chemists at Contract Research Organisations, exceptional knowledge of synthetic and medicinal chemistries supplemented by a solid understanding of biological signalling pathways, structure‐based drug design and ADME optimisation in drug discovery
- Experienced in all stages of the interdisciplinary drug discovery process from target selection and hit identification, through hit‐to‐lead and lead optimisation, to the delivery of development candidates
- Must be based within a commutable distance to the company’s office in Oxford
- Proficient in assessing the patent landscape and independently driving patent filings to protect the company’s intellectual property
- Working with the Head of Chemistry & Intellectual Property and various Contract Research Organisations, the successful applicant will be responsible for driving medicinal chemistry projects and coordinating synthetic chemistry activities to ensure the delivery of high‐quality small molecule development candidates within competitive timeframes, while safeguarding the Company’s intellectual property by advancing its patent estate
- Integrate project biology, DMPK, safety and toxicology data to enable successful hit‐to‐lead and lead optimisation campaigns through outstanding molecular design
- Work collaboratively within the Company’s project teams, with colleagues in biology and with external collaborators such that objectives are met in a timely manner through the development of effective project plans
- Prioritise work according to project goals and take responsibility for the timely delivery of objectives
- Keep up to date with state‐of‐the‐art technologies and know edge of developments in medicinal chemistry and project‐related areas of immunometabolism
- My client is a rapidly growing immunometabolism organisation which specialises in the areas of immuno-oncology and immuno-inflammation
- Because my client is in the early stages of their development you will have the unique opportunity to influence and scope the direction of the company moving forwards
- At any one time you will be involved in multiple ground-breaking drug discovery projects in a relatively new therapy area which means that no two days will ever be the same!
Apply today by sending your CV to Ben Atherton of Langton Howarth Ltd via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Ben in confidence right now for more information on 0113 243 3499.
You must have the right to work in the UK.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.