Location: Cambridge, UK (Office based position) – Hybrid office/home working programme, enabling the team to work from home but also come into their gorgeous offices 2 or 3 times a week. It’s completely flexible and arranged directly with the line manager upon starting.
Our client is a Specialist Life Sciences Marketing Agency who have a passion for how science can continue to improve the world around us, and secondly, how they can play their part by connecting life science professionals with the people, tools and technologies they need.
Examples of industry sectors they currently work in: Life Sciences / Biotechnology, Drug Discovery, Contract / Laboratory Research, Life Sciences Informatics/ LIMS, Laboratory / Clinical Diagnostics and Biopharma
The Requirements of the PR Director:
- 10+ years of PR experience, ideally most of this working in a PR agency, however inhouse experience would also be considered working in one of the following industries or similar; Life Sciences / Biotech, Pharma, Drug Discovery, Biochemistry / Chromatography, Laboratory Software / Informatics / LIMS as well as other closely related industries, delivering against their PR-specific needs
- A diverse and deep knowledge of public and media relations
- Previous experience working with clients that operate globally including creating, managing and executing PR programmes that deliver results
- Experience with reviewing PR and project materials produced by other team members (e.g., press release, articles, media pitches, metrics reports etc.), providing insightful QA and QC input
- A positive, proactive attitude and someone who thrives on taking responsibility and accountability
- The role of a PR Director is to operate within the client services team, acting as a strategic PR lead across a number of different client accounts, as required
- On larger accounts, the PR Director leads a team of PR specialists to build a comprehensive PR plan and deliver a wide remit of PR tasks. On smaller accounts, the PR Director is the primary PR resource and expert, creating the plan and delivering the executional elements, as required
- Act as the strategic PR lead on integrated marcomms accounts, working in coordination with the account management team to deliver PR-specific elements of the programme
- Support our account teams and clients to develop effective, innovative and exciting PR strategies to meet their specific requirements and align to commercial objectives
- Management and direct implementation of PR plans and projects across PR-focused accounts
- Brainstorm and inject fresh ideas for PR campaigns and bring new ideas to the agency and our clients
- Attend client meetings, events and industry conferences, as required
- Develop high-quality, engaging and creative PR content, such as news stories, trade articles, and case studies, on-time and on-budget, in conjunction with our account management and science writing team as appropriate
- Proactively seek to build and maintain media relationships
- Write press releases and product award submissions, as required
- Pitch press releases and feature ideas by phone or email to national, regional and trade journalists, across print, broadcast and online, to interest them in covering our clients’ stories
- Respond to phone calls and emails from journalists
- Arrange interviews and editorial meetings with key journalists for clients’ spokespeople – in person or over the phone – and facilitate these meetings where appropriate
- Manage the monitoring of media coverage and report results to the wider team and clients
- Basic Salary is negotiable (DOE)
- Income, Life Insurance and Illness Protection
- Employee Assistance Programme, Perkbox and Physical as well as Mental Health Programmes (which includes free weekly Yoga classes and other activities) and Team Events
- 25 Days Holiday + bank holidays
- Personal and Business Bonuses – if the business is doing well, they want to share this with the team
- Long service awards (starting from 1 year) and great onsite facilities
- Pension scheme and annual professional financial advice available to all employees, as well as paid days for further studying / developing your knowledge
Apply right now by calling Ben Atherton – International Recruitment Manager at Langton Howarth Ltd on + 44 (0) 113 243 3499 and email your up-to-date word CV to email@example.com Langton Howarth is the market leading scientific supplies company placing people into dream jobs across the UK and Europe daily.
To be considered for this role you must have the right to work in the UK.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we will ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice!
|Job Category||Scientific Supplies|