Pipette Service Technician
Base Salary Circa: £20,000 – £25,000 + Bonus 20 Days Holiday + 8 Days Bank holiday + 3 days to be taken at Christmas + Pension Scheme + Private Healthcare + Expenses Paid Monthly
Based: Field based with travel to customers sites In and around the Oxford/Wales area
- You will be educated with an HNC, HND or a minimum of a BSc in a Life Sciences/Chemistry discipline or an ONC/HNC in an engineering discipline
- Dexterity, some pipette parts can be very small, precision is paramount in calibration of pipettes i.e. repeat dispensing of small volumes
- Good telephone manner, excellent time management and organisation needed
- Ability to work alone or as a part of a team as needed
- Elementary to intermediate PC, Data Accuracy and software skills
- Full UK driving licence and ability to travel and stay overnight when required
- To service and calibrate pipettes on customer sites and In-house
- You are required to assist in the laboratory and assist in other areas of the company as dictated by business needs.
- Raise Service calls for KIPS (our bespoke software).
- Checking the pipettes with serial numbers, level or calibration required etc
- Add specifications for new models on KIPS. (training will be provided)
- Calibration of pipettes using analytical balances to weigh water and convert to volume (linked to computer). Precision required for very small volumes of 0.1ul. Max volume is 100ml.
- Calibration of balances weekly
- Follow operations procedures in accordance with the UKAS accreditation of the CPPS Lab
- Label calibrated pipettes
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships with key account contacts
- Continually review work practices and make recommendations to the Pipette Service Manager to increase the efficiency of current operations and customer satisfaction
- Exceed customer expectations through excellent CRM
- Travel to customer sites is a requirement and a company car will be provided. Hotel accommodation provided when necessary
The Company and Opportunity:
- My client is amongst the industry leaders in the supply and service of chromatography equipment and liquid handling consumables used extensively in the Pharmaceutical, Environmental, Biotechnology industries as well as Academia. They offer clients an unrivalled service choice on GC, LC, GCMS, CTC, Dissolution and online SPE products
- The successful candidate will work within a team that supports their contracts across the UK and the company offer an exciting opportunity to enter this specialised field and join their market leading team of Engineers
- They are an entrepreneurial organisation where everyone’s opinion matters, each individual’s impact is valued, and you have immediate access/ support from Director Level!
This is an immediate requirement so please apply today by emailing me with your up to date CV on email@example.com and call me for more information on: +44 (0)113 243 3499
To be considered for this role you must have full right to work within the UK
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.