London Sales Representative – Laboratory Equipment & Consumables
Salary: Negotiable DOE + Monthly Commission + Pension + Car Allowance + Company Profit Share Scheme + 20 Holiday Days per year + 8 Bank Holidays + Mobile Phone + Laptop
Territory: Golden Triangle (Oxford, Cambridge & London)
Ideal Home Location: You will be based in either Oxfordshire, London within or on the M25 or Cambridgeshire)
The requirements of the Sales Representative:
- To be considered for the Sales Representative position you will have at least 3+ years of field sales experience ideally selling Life Science research equipment and/or consumables into the Academia or Biotech sectors in the London & South East region
- Examples of these could be products for cold storage, electrophoresis, PCR, cell imaging or more general equipment such as centrifuges, autoclaves, hotplates or pipettes/liquid handling consumables
- You could also be selling service contracts right now for scientific or technical equipment working with Universities or Industry clients
- You will already have an existing network of contacts at decision maker levels in Academic Institutes or Biotech companies (e.g. Procurement Managers, Heads of Departments or even Director level contacts)
- Ideally you will have a scientific or related education/laboratory background (BSc/MSc/PhD) in a Life Sciences subject however if you have a proven and successful track record in sales this is not essential
- You must have a Full UK driving license and be fully able to travel throughout the territory and other areas as required
- Excellent communication skills are required with the ability to express information in a clear and concise manner
- Be Self-motivated and comfortable working with little to no direction
The role of the Sales Representative:
- The Sales Representative will be responsible for identifying new opportunities, following up on potential leads and establishing contact with existing customers in both Academia & Biotech sectors
- You will also monitor technology trends in order to identify emerging scientific markets and potential new products for distribution in order to expand revenue
- Collaborate with the management team to improve marketing materials and expand the company’s marketing presence in London
- Attend industry trade shows to accumulate new leads and make productive contact with existing clients
- Update client information in the company contact database
- Stay on top of industry trends to identify potential opportunities for company growth
With over 25 years of industry experience my client has established themselves as an industry leading and trusted life science organisation who sells products & service contracts across cell, molecular and biochemical applications within the academia & research sectors. They specialise in cutting edge equipment and technology to include Next Generation Sequencing, PCR Max, Live Cell Imaging & Cell Isolation equipment. They are continuously exhibiting growth and development year on year and immediately require an enthusiastic and outgoing Sales Representative to join their already successful sales team.
Apply today by sending your word CV to Oliver Gill of Langton Howarth Ltd via email to email@example.com or call Oliver in confidence right now for more information on the contact number: 0113 243 3499.
In order to be considered for the role you must have the right to work in the UK
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.