Life Science Sales Specialist – Midlands
Salary: £28,000 – £40,000 (DOE) + £8,000 Uncapped Commission Scheme + £2,000 Bonus for Hitting Annual Target + Company Car + Pension Scheme + Health Insurance + Life Insurance + Mobile Phone + Laptop + iPad + 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
Based: Midlands UK (Leicester, Birmingham, Coventry, Northampton, Peterborough)
The Requirements of Sales Specialist:
- As the Sales Specialist you will ideally have previous sales experience of Scientific/Laboratory products and you could be selling Laboratory Equipment or Consumables/ Reagents, Laboratory Kits, Water Purification, DNA/RNA, Chemicals (Distributor or Manufacturer) or products such as: Centrifuges, Freezers, Incubators, Safety Cabinets or Autoclaves
- You could also be a motivated Research Scientist or Chemist who is hungry for a career in scientific sales and have hands on experience with a wide range of laboratory/ bench top equipment e.g Water Purification, Safety/Biological Safety Cabinets & consumables e.g. Tissue Culture Plastics, Pipettes & Pipette Tips
- My client requires that the successful candidate possess excellent communication and organisational skills, you must be a real self-starter and show high levels of autonomy as the Territory Sales Manager
- You will be educated to a minimum BSc degree level or equivalent in a Life Sciences (Ideally)/ Chemistry subject such as: Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Biology or Biomedical Science, Genetics, Microbiology or Immunology
- You must be living and based on territory right now in the Midlands & have a good understanding of the Academia, Biotechnology & Pharmaceutical industries
- A full UK driving license is required to be considered for this opportunity
The Responsibilities of Sales Specialist:
- Covering a well-established & high performing territory, you will be managing a strong portfolio of existing accounts and developing on new business leads also
- The role involves making appointments and visiting: Lab Managers, Purchasing Heads and Scientists/ PhD Students in Laboratories and Universities to sell a range of market-trusted laboratory equipment/ consumables
- An average week involves spending 4 days with customers out in the field and 1 day per week completing necessary administrative tasks from a home office
- Products you will be selling include: Biological Safety Cabinets, Laminar Flow Cabinets, Ductless Fume Hoods and CO2 Incubators, as well as many other Laboratory products which are exclusive to this company which is a real competitive advantage when selling to customers – as these products cannot be found anywhere else on the market
- This is a real opportunity for growth due to the new build projects in the region as well as capitalising on the relationships and repeat business already in place
- Plan/carry out/support local marketing activities to agreed budgets and timescales, and integrate personal sales efforts with other organised marketing activities, e.g: mini exhibitions, product launches, promotions, advertising, and telemarketing
- My client is an industry leading manufacturer and distributor of Life Science laboratory equipment and consumables/ reagents, with a product portfolio which includes: Water Purification, Centrifuges, Freezers, Incubators, Safety Cabinets and Autoclaves, they also have the exclusivity of the ‘New-Air’ product range which is a real competitive advantage for them and lots of their competitors would love the opportunity sell this product exclusively
- Working within an exceptional company who value their employees and have a turnover of over £8 million, they have experienced continued double-digit growth YOY. This is a great opportunity to cover a well-established and thriving territory also to be supported by 27 Field based experienced engineers working with the customers to provide them with top class service and products
- They have now become one of the industry’s fastest growing companies to watch and have a high performing and motivated team where you can really make a big impact on the whole company’s success and be truly valued for the hard work you give
For more information about the role or to apply send your CV now to OwenFothergill@langtonhowarth.com or call Owen today on 0113 243 3499.
To apply for this role you must have the right to work in the UK.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.