Lead Scientist – Biomarkers
Salary: £50,000 – £60,000
Location: Alderley Edge
The Requirements of Lead Scientist:
- The Lead Scientist will have a thorough understanding of Translational Science
- Ideally you will hold a PHD in a relevant Biological discipline which involved work around Biomarkers
- You will have prior experience working in industry. You must have worked within a Pharmaceutical, Biotech or CRO business
- The Lead Scientist must understand Biomarkers and how the science is translated from Pre-Clinical to Clinical – having conducted these translations yourself
- Disease areas you may have experience in can include: Neuroscience, Immunology, Fibrotic, Pain, Autoimmune, Oncology etc.
The Role of Lead Scientist:
- Develop biomarker strategies to advance understanding of our partner organisations’ lead molecules and their therapeutic positioning, including clinical biomarker plans
- Contribute molecular genomics, immunology or other expertise to biomarker projects and co-ordinate data from other biomarker experts to provide complete translational science support to projects
- Work with data scientists and statisticians to extract maximum value of data
- Identify opportunities for further development of overall bioanalytical and disease segmentation capabilities
- Work with new technology companies to innovate in advancing biomarker science
- Highly effective communication and research collaboration skills, working closely with a wide range of colleagues
- Manage collaborative projects to completion and deliver high quality data in a complex and time pressured research team environment
- Support junior scientists and students in developing their biomarker and omics skills
- My client are a national centre whose remit is to accelerate innovative drug discovery
- They have established expert scientific capabilities for drug discovery and act as a gateway to UK resources and expertise driving the development and industrialisation of new approaches for medicine
- Now they are in need of a Lead Scientist with substantial experience in developing biomarker strategies and delivering biomarker data to translational drug discovery projects
For more information about the role or to apply send your CV now to OwenFothergill@langtonhowarth.com or call Owen today on 0113 243 3499.
You must have authorisation to work in the UK.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.