Location: Cambridge Area (although could be based remotely anywhere in the UK depending on experience)
My client is a Fortune 500 listed Global service provider to several of the top 10 Pharmaceutical companies Globally. This role is directly supporting a top 5 Pharmaceutical organisation in a well-established, technologically advanced facility. There are excellent opportunities to progress internally within the business, and work within a world class team.
Day-to-Day of the role:
- Ensure that all supplier contracts within their allocated sphere of responsibility are negotiated with suppliers on price, lead time, quality and service for multiple services and commodities
- Utilises existing national/regional agreements when and where possible to ensure effective leveraging of spend and rationalization of the supplier base, working with corporate sourcing team to ensure consistency in all major subcontracts
- Collates demand for the contract and works closely with the specified scientific users, as well as the FM client and internal teams to ensure the correct contract levels are established and approved by all parties
- Utilising defined systems, raises purchase orders, approves invoices for payment and manages the closure of Purchase orders as part of the full management of the purchase order cycle
- Identify and help drive implementation of savings opportunities to ensure customer and financial savings targets are maximised
- Assists sourcing and account team along with other internal customers on resolution of problems with contracted suppliers
- Conduct all meetings with internal and external customers in a professional manner using a high degree of persuasive ability, professional knowledge, tact, good judgment, and diplomacy
- Maintains contract files as required by company policy and procedures.
- Understand, anticipate, and deliver customer (internal and external) needs while building effective relationships whilst optimising contract performance
- Positively respond to both internal and external customers (often in a matrix environment) through effective communication and personal accessibility/credibility
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- You will have 1+ years of experience in a similar Contract support role with demonstratable experience of sourcing, negotiating & procuring a wide variety of complex service contracts & agreements ideally in the Life Sciences, Pharmaceutical or Medical Devices sectors
- Experience negotiating supplier contracts and strong relationship management with suppliers
- Ability to work with complex financial data
- Experience of working in a fast paced, operational environment
- Highly computer literate in Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc)
- Capable of working in a matrix environment
- Organised and open to new ways of working to challenge inefficiencies
- Results/ task orientated, with attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently
- Calm manner, able to work under pressure and with changing demands and priorities
- Confidential and discrete approach
- Customer focus skills with a passion for customer service
- Effective communication skills enabling the individual to work with clients, suppliers, and staff at all levels
- Base salary circa £25,000 – £35,000 (DOE)
- Holidays + 8 Bank Holidays
- All usual corporate benefits
For more information about the role or to apply send your CV now to email@example.com or call Oliver Gill today on +44 (0) 113 243 3499.
You must have the right to work in the UK.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone would be good for this role, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we will ensure you receive £100.00 (o/e) of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.
|Job Category||Scientific Supplies|