Laboratory Technician – Life Sciences
Salary: £20,000 – £22,000 + Up to 5% Bonus Per Annum + Healthcare + Pension + 25 Holiday days + 8 bank holidays + 3 days off for Xmas + Free Parking
The Requirements of the Laboratory Technician:
- To be considered for the Laboratory Technician role you must have a bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline (Biological or Chemistry based) or equivalent laboratory experience
- Experience of working in a laboratory environment as a Lab Assistant, Lab Technician or similar support role
- Knowledge of aseptic technique
- Knowledge of SHE requirements in a laboratory environment
- Proven excellent customer service focus and ability to work collaboratively
- Clear and concise written and spoken communication skills
- Good problem-solving capabilities and confidence to make clear recommendations.
- Proficient in use of a computer and Microsoft based software
- Effective problem-solving capabilities and confidence to react promptly to deliver the best service possible
- Good time management skills, ability to be flexible and handle multiple responsibilities and tasks on a regular basis
The Role of the Laboratory Technician:
- Within the Laboratory Technician role, you will be responsible for carrying out all scientific support activities in accordance with Health and Safety guidelines, GLS & local agreements
- Proactively deliver the operational laboratory support managing workload and service levels as required by the research group.
- Proactively identify and support operational efficiencies by implementing process improvements
- Maintain records for equipment servicing and routine experiments to desired regulations / standards
- Preventative maintenance and cleaning of several laboratory equipment and instruments including incubators, water baths, pH meters, cell counters etc. (to be defined by the work area)
- Management of Point of Use (PoU) Kanban stores by daily replenishment of laboratory consumables
- Maintains and organises laboratory consumable inventories
- Monitors and keeps communal areas clean and tidy
- Receipt and unpacking of parcel deliveries
- Support laboratory waste management streams.
- Glass washing and housekeeping activities
The Company and Opportunity:
- My client is the number one outsourced laboratory operations service provider to the market leading pharmaceuticals companies in the UK
- They are currently working with one of the top 3 Pharmaceutical companies globally
- The pharmaceutical company has outsourced all their lab operations to our client, so they can focus on the science, whilst our client ensures the smooth running of all their laboratories, the ordering and maintenance of laboratory equipment and consumables
- They are a multibillion dollar organisation in the scientific supplies sector and are very proud to be enabling science through the support work that they do
Apply right now by calling Oliver Gill – Specialist Recruitment Consultant at Langton Howarth Ltd on 0113 243 3499 or email your up to date word CV to email@example.com Langton Howarth is the market leading scientific supplies company placing people into dream jobs across the UK and Europe daily.
You must have full right to work in the UK to be considered for this role
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So if you know someone who could be good for the Laboratory Technician job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street