Base Salary Circa: Negotiable DOE + Discretionary Bonus (To be agreed on) + Pension (5% Employee & 4% Employer Contribution) + Life Insurance (3x base salary) + Subsidised Private Medical Cover + Share Purchase Scheme (5% discount on market price) + 20 Days Holiday (Rising to 27 days after 10 years’ service) + 8 Bank Holidays + Buy an Extra 5 Days Holiday Annually + Free Parking
Split between site (Ayrshire) and external travel to customer sites
The Requirements of the Laboratory Manager:
- You will have at least 3 years of experience as a Laboratory Team Management/Leader, Team Leader, Microbiology Manager, Senior Microbiologist (with people management responsibilities) or similar role specifically in the Food and Beverage industry/ Food Safety Microbiology – working to ISO standards related to Ecoli, Salmonella, Yeast, Mold, Listeria, Lactic Acid Bacteria, Pathogens or Microbes/ Microorganism
- Educated to Degree level in a Microbiology or related field such as Biomedical Sciences, Food Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Biological Science or Biochemistry
- It would be beneficial if you have Compliance with 21CFR Part 11
- Hold a full and valid UK driving licence and be able to commute to the office in Ayrshire as well as travel to customer sites when required
The role of Laboratory Manager:
- Report directly to the Technical Services Manager and be responsible for a team of microbiologists with the Technical Services Department
- Provide support, guidance and line management to the microbiology team, helping them to prioritise tasks and ensure the smooth running of the lab and workload. Assess ongoing training requirements and coaching needs for team members to ensure they have adequate skills and resources to fulfil tasks and projects
- Communicate effectively and on a regular basis with product management teams. This will include new product launches, complaints, project requests, any other topics that require joint discussions
- Respond promptly and comprehensively to technical enquiries or complaints via the appropriate means and co-ordinate the response directly to the customer if necessary
- Make accompanied visits or support virtual sessions with the sales teams with customers and perform product evaluations and equipment installation and training
- Support for all sales groups and ensure a timely response is adhered to and communication is maintained to a high standard
- Responsibility for all microbiology projects within Technical Services ensuring timelines are adhered to and updates are available to sales and product management. A comprehensive report is required for all completed projects and communicated to the Technical Services Manager and assigned division or Sales team
- Review CRM system to ensure complaints and projects are being updated and appropriate documentation is completed
- Pro-actively arrange training sessions, remote assistance and sessions for training for both internal and external requests
- Maintain close contact with the relevant technical counterparts and keep up to date with technical studies, validations, and literature. Keep fully up to date with relevant reference methods and related international standards
- My client is a global leader in the field of Quality Control/Analysis for Food and Hygiene testing laboratories.
- They are experiencing rapid growth as they have focused on the demands of the European market and so have direct sales forces in France, Germany, UK, Netherlands, Ireland and Switzerland
- Awarded the prestigious Queens Award for Enterprise for international trade and development, one of the highest awards bestowed on a UK company
To apply right now for the Laboratory Manager role or to apply send your CV now to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Ben today on 0113 243 3499.
You must have the right to work in the UK to apply.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.