Salary: £16,000 – £21,000 DOE + Pension (7%) + 25 Days Holiday + 8 Bank Holidays + Childcare Voucher
The Requirements of the Laboratory Technician:
- Hold a Chemistry-based qualification such as a BSc/HND in Applied Chemistry, Forensic Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry etc.
- Awareness of relevant Health and Safety requirements
- Experience within scientific technical support in a role such as a Laboratory Technician, Laboratory Assistant, QC Technician or Scientific Assistant etc.
- Ability and interest to learn new and relevant skills
- Be able to work well individually and in a team
- Good IT skills, including LIMS, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to make decisions at an appropriate level
- Full UK Driving License
The Responsibilities of the Laboratory Technician:
- Routine testing of samples as required
- Maintenance of records in accordance with ISO: 17025 including equipment, procedures etc.
- Interpretation of results and notification of out of specification parameters
- Training of new staff
- Maintaining GLP to ensure that hygiene and housekeeping standards are met
- Providing support to the Technical Team
- Evaluating new methods and techniques that may be appropriate to the Business
- Establishing experimental protocols and evaluate/validate methods and systems
- Maintaining accreditation for current methods and assisting with accreditation of new methods
- My client is active in a wide range of sectors associated with the food chain
- They manufacture quality products for use in human and animal foodstuffs, agriculture, aquaculture, and industrial applications
- The company also produces bio-fuels and renewable energy and provides services for farming and the food industry
- They boast an annual turnover approaching £280 million, employing over 1,000 people at 23 sites across the country
For more information about the role or to apply send your CV now to OwenFothergill@langtonhowarth.com or call Owen today on 0113 243 3499.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So if you know someone who could be good for the role, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.