Laboratory Equipment Engineer
Base Salary Circa: £30,000 – £40,000 DOE + Pension + Life Insurance (3x base salary) + 25 Days Holiday + 8 Bank Holidays
Location: Site based in Kent (Full time permanent role)
Do you currently hold the title and responsibility of Field Service Engineer, Support Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Calibration Engineer, Site Engineer or similar?
Do you have experience servicing & maintaining Laboratory Equipment to include: Autoclaves, Centrifuges, Balances, Water Baths, Incubators etc.?
Do you have a customer focused attitude and approach to your daily work?
If you answered yes to the above, then this may be the ideal role for you…
The Requirements of Laboratory Equipment Engineer:
- To be considered for the role of Laboratory Equipment Engineer you will already have 2+ year’s experience as either a Field Based or Inhouse/Site Based Service Engineer for a Laboratory Supplies, Biotech, Pharmaceutical, CRO organisation or similar
- The ideal candidate will have experience servicing a range of bench top laboratory equipment such as Centrifuges, Autoclaves, Balances, Water Baths, Laboratory Ovens and similar
- If you are not a scientific engineer currently you could be working in a Laboratory based role where you have gained experience of performing first line troubleshooting and routine breakdown support for the aforementioned equipment
- Hold a relevant Engineering qualification (ONC, HNC, NVQ, City & Guilds) OR scientific degree (Biological or Chemistry based)
- Very strong analytical skills with proven ability to break down and solve complex problems in a logical and structured approach
- PC literate in Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc)
- Strong relationship management and excellent communication skills/influencing skills
- Experience coordinating and scheduling workload in order to achieve results.
- Ability to work to own initiative but team orientated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Robust and assertive attitude towards achieving results and motivating team members
The role of Laboratory Equipment Engineer:
- As the dedicated onsite Laboratory Equipment Engineer you will ensure prompt, flexible, customer focused specialist engineering and co-ordination support whilst maintaining compliance with statutory, regulatory and standards
- Plan & carry out engineering maintenance and commissioning work associated with scientific equipment and systems in a safe, cost effective manner to ensure minimum business disruption
- Diagnose faults on complex equipment and systems to produce a satisfactory solution
- Create, manage and review supporting documentation e.g. service reports
- Support users in the preparation/design of operating procedures, SOPs, Change Control and the deviation, manuals, and drawings
- Attend client meetings to review on-going performance, areas for continual improvement and opportunities for business growth
- Build-up and maintain client relationships
- Manage and improve the client service logging process and asset maintenance systems
- Schedule and host 3rd party engineering site visits, ensuring QHSE compliance
- Use technical knowledge to identify and source components and services
- Manage the availability of essential spares to support the range of equipment and systems used within the R&D facilities in a cost-effective manner
- Support contract management in the set-up, renewal, and budget of contracts
- Monitor the performance of the scientific equipment and systems using Key Performance Indicators to instigate improvements and influence changes
- Act as an ambassador, ensuring a first-class service is always delivered
- My client is a leading Laboratory Services provider who partner with Top 5 Pharmaceutical organisations globally to support their business-critical laboratory operations
- The services they provide ultimately allow scientists and researchers to spend more time on what really matters – advancing scientific research!
- The services they provide covers areas such as Laboratory Design, Instrument Service, Repair & Calibration, Data Advisory & much more!
For more information about the role or to apply send your CV now to firstname.lastname@example.org AND call Oliver Gill today on +44 (0) 113 243 3499.
You must have the right to work in the UK.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone would be good for Laboratory Equipment Engineer role, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 (o/e) of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.