Salary: Wide Open DOE + Free Parking + 20 Holidays (Rising with each year of service) + Bank Holidays + Excellent Pension + Life Insurance + Share Options after 6 months
Based: Ayr, Scotland
The Requirements of Lab Assistant:
- Scientific Qualification such as GCSE / A-Level in Biology, Chemistry and/or Physics with a genuine interest in science
- Proven ability to work collaboratively
- Clear and concise written and spoken communication skills
- Good problem solving capabilities and confidence to react promptly to deliver the best service possible
- Good time management skills, ability to be flexible and handle multiple responsibilities and tasks on a regular basis
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Basic IT skills required (including Microsoft Word/Excel)
- Experience of working in a laboratory environment
- Experience working with SHE policies and procedures
- Knowledge of SHE requirements in a laboratory environment
- Be a good team worker demonstrating loyalty and commitment to the organisation and team members
- To be flexible with working hours when required in order to deliver the service required to our customers
The Role of the Laboratory Assistant:
- Within the role of Laboratory Assistant you will be required to carry out all scientific support activities in accordance with Health and Safety guidelines
- Proactively deliver the operational laboratory support managing workload and service levels as required by the research group
- Proactively identify and support operational efficiencies by implementing process improvements
- Maintain records for equipment servicing and routine experiments to desired regulations / standards
- Preventative maintenance and cleaning of a number of laboratory equipment and instruments
- Maintains and organises laboratory consumable inventories
- Monitors and keeps communal areas clean and tidy
- Support laboratory waste management streams
- Glasswashing and housekeeping activities
The Company & Opportunity:
- My client is a global leader in the field of Quality Control/Analysis for Food and Hygiene testing laboratories.
- They are experiencing rapid growth as they have focused on the demands of the European market and so have direct sales forces in France, Germany, UK, Netherlands, Ireland and Switzerland
- Awarded the Queens Award for Enterprise for international trade and development, one of the highest awards bestowed on a UK company
For more information about the role or to apply send your CV now to OwenFothergill@langtonhowarth.com or call Owen today on 0113 243 3499.
You must have the right to work in the UK to apply.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.