Key Account Manager – Scotland
Salary DOE: £30,000 – £35,000 + Up to £20,000 OTE + Subsistence allowance of £1,128 per annum + Car allowance of £6,900 per annum + Employee assistance programme + Discount on products + Pension scheme + Income protection insurance + Life assurance + Private health care + Dental scheme + 27 holidays per year, rising to 32 with years of service
Ideal home location: Glasgow or Edinburgh (central Scotland)
The requirements of the Key Account Manager:
- You will have 1+ years’ experience post MSc or PhD working as a Research Scientist, Research Assistant, Postdoctoral Researcher or similar in a laboratory environment with microscopy techniques such as Fluorescence microscopy, Super-resolution microscopy, Optical microscopy, Electron microscopy, Scanning probe microscopy or related
- A strong preference will be given to candidates who have a PhD in a biological subject such as Regenerative Medicine, Molecular Medicine, Neuroscience, Virology, Cancer Science, Molecular Biology, Immunology, Genetics or very similar
- Live cell imaging & cell culture experience is an advantage
- Awareness of the UK science capital equipment market & experience of capital equipment purchasing in an Academic environment is a plus
- Able to manage customer expectations & deliver an excellent customer experience and deliver results without compromising our overall business goals & objectives
- A team player who is able to work effectively with customers and colleagues of all backgrounds
- Able to plan, organise & prioritise workload effectively and work autonomously when at home
- You must hold a full UK driving licence
The role of the Key Account Manager:
- To develop and drive business in Scotland with a large focus on Glasgow, Edinburgh, Dundee & Aberdeen, providing outstanding service to customers while developing and fostering relationships with existing and new customers
- Reporting to the North UK Regional Sales Manager, this is a key position within the sales team for instruments in the UK, providing outstanding customer account management to ensure that all customers receive best in class customer service
- Delivery of net sales budgets and targets, ensuring all appropriate actions are taken in order to maximise sales performance
- Build, develop and maintain long-term relationships with existing and new customers, ensuring the timely and successful delivery of solutions to customers’ needs
- Develop and own the sales plan for the Scotland territory, achieving sales targets
- Supporting the Regional Sales Manager to input into the overall sales strategy and planning as required whilst providing support for ad-hoc tasks & projects as required
- Lead and manage the process of demonstrating products to customers
The Client & Opportunity:
- My client is a market leading global manufacturer of digital imaging, precision optics and instrument technology for the life science & healthcare markets
- Across the world, the business employs over 20,000 people with a geographical footprint spanning Asia, Europe, North America & South America
- This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual to work for a globally recognised and reputable brand where you can make a real positive impact with the work you do
- My client offers great career opportunities to progress within their business in a variety of different roles both in the UK & across Europe!
Apply today by sending your word CV to Oliver Gill of Langton Howarth Ltd via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Oliver in confidence right now for more information on 0113 243 3499 or 07792 488 206.
In order to be considered for the role you must have full right to work in the UK.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.