Junior Software Engineer
Salary: £25,000 – £27,000 DOE + 25 days holiday + 8 Bank Holidays + Automatic enrolment pension scheme + Childcare vouchers + Employee Assistance Programme + Free Parking
The Requirements Junior Software Engineer:
- The Junior Software Engineer must have common knowledge about C# and .NET framework
- Possess an understanding of Object-Oriented Design principles
- Basic understanding of software development and testing process (agile development methodologies)
- It would be beneficial for the Junior Software Engineer to have knowledge of the following skills, technologies or frameworks WPF, UWP, UML design and design patterns, WCF, Entity Framework and/or nHibernate and SQL, TFS, Testing frameworks (MSTest, nUnit), Motions systems, robotics and automation
- A degree or equivalent in a relevant IT subject e.g. computer science, software engineering, software development etc.
- Previous commercial software development experience is desirable – You may have held a position such as a software developer, software engineer, software support or similar
The Role of Junior Software Engineer:
- Within this role you will be enthusiastic about both software and hardware aspects of product development
- You will always be able to learn new technologies and improve your development skills
- The Junior Software Engineer would benefit from working on something different and more challenging than average database or web application software
- You will contribute to R&D aspects beyond software development (product design, features discussions, usability, requirements gathering)
- Regular work will be undertaken using C# and .NET framework
The Company & Opportunity:
- My client aims to design and develop cutting edge and high-value instruments for research laboratories which develop new biological pharmaceutical drugs for treatment of a wide range of diseases
- Their equipment is used by pharmaceutical and biotech companies all over the world as an integral part of their research and development processes
- As a result of recent success, their team is growing quickly and is looking for an enthusiastic, energetic, smart and highly talented software engineer and problem solver to expand the R&D team and deliver the product vision
For more information about the role or to apply send your CV now to OwenFothergill@langtonhowarth.com or call Owen today on 0113 243 3499.
You must have the right to work in the UK to apply.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.