Salary: £20,000 – £23,000 + Free Parking + 20 Holidays (Rising with each year of service) + Bank Holidays + Excellent Pension + Life Insurance + Share Options after 6 months
Based: Ayr, Scotland
The Requirements of IT Technician:
- Previous experience in a similar IT Support related role essential – You could be an IT Helpdesk Engineer, Technical Support Engineer, IT Technician or a similar role right now
- Ideally you will have experience working with a ticket-based system to resolve IT issues
- You will be self-sufficient and able to prioritise your own work-load whilst working your way through the ticketed problems
- In depth knowledge of business-critical IT hardware and software solutions
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service, quickly responding to users’ support needs
- Knowledge of virtualisation environments (e.g. VMware)
- Experience with key networking and security concepts (e.g. DNS, DHCP, VLANs, VPN, TLS, PKI, etc)
- Exposure to Microsoft Exchange (on-premises/O365)
- Business awareness and commercial acumen
- Evidence of effective planning, organisational and time management abilities
- MCSA/MCSE Qualifications would be an advantage
The Role of IT Technician:
- Maintain a working relationship with all departments, assisting users in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite of programs, Sage, QPulse, and other software packages
- Use of the company’s IT helpdesk system to properly prioritise users’ support requests
- Providing training to users on the correct use of our IT systems (including the helpdesk)
- Help support servers, workstations, printers, desk and mobile phones and other network devices
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Contribute to IT audit tasks and actions required for it
- Keep up to date of new technologies that may benefit our user base
- Provide backup support for the IT Specialist and corporate IT team
- Work closely with the IT Specialist to fulfil corporate’s global IT strategy
The Company & Opportunity:
- My client is a global leader in the field of Quality Control/Analysis for Food and Hygiene testing laboratories.
- This specific position is within their Distribution division for their wide range of Microbiology Test Kits which serve the Food and Agricultural markets
- They are experiencing rapid growth as they have focused on the demands of the European market and so have direct sales forces in France, Germany, UK, Netherlands, Ireland and Switzerland
- Awarded the Queens Award for Enterprise for international trade and development, one of the highest awards bestowed on a UK company
For more information about the role or to apply send your CV now to OwenFothergill@langtonhowarth.com or call Owen today on 0113 243 3499.
You must have the right to work in the UK to apply.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.