Location: Site based in Macclesfield, Cheshire (This role will transition to Cambridge on a permanent basis in 12-18 months)
My client is a Forbes listed service provider to some of the largest businesses across all sectors globally including Life Sciences, Industrial, Logistics, Real Estate and Pharmaceuticals
This role is working with a top 5 pharmaceutical organisation in a well-established, technologically advanced facility working with cutting edge technology
Excellent opportunities to progress internally within the business, and work within a great little but world class team – you are truly making a difference and massive impact not only to the business but the world by working with these life changing products
The role is site based so there are no shifts, no travelling involved, Monday to Friday and you will be home every night!
The requirements of the Integrated Systems Specialist:
- As a minimum you will have 5+ years of experience in laboratory instrument support in the Pharmaceutical/Biotechnology/Biopharma/Drug Discovery/Functional Genomics sectors or directly related industry working as either a Field Service Engineer or site-based Engineer already
- Direct experience of installing & servicing large scale laboratory automation systems from OEM companies such as HighRes Biosolutions, Agilent, Tecan, Beckman
- Coulter, Perkin Elmer, or equivalent company is a distinct advantage
- Candidates with robotics/automation and programming experience and knowledge in the industrial automation sector will also be considered
- Experience/Knowledge of C#, Python, Java, Visual Basic & other advanced programming languages is a distinct advantage
- Understanding of device networking and communications protocols
- Ideally you will have an HND/BEng/MEng in a Mechatronic, Robotics, Software or other Computer Engineering related subject
The role of the Integrated Systems Specialist:
- Act as ‘first-responder’ for critical equipment breakdowns, ensuring minimal impact on scientific activity.
- Develop and implement a proactive maintenance & system optimisation regime for equipment incorporated into the HighRes BioSolutions CoLab platforms in HTS
- Carryout on-going system performance analysis based upon error logs, live run interventions and root-cause analysis & trending of errors to mitigate their reoccurrence
- Develop innovative support solutions built around the requirements of HTS at client location, utilising Lab of the Future methodologies
- Oversee & participate in equipment support activities within HTS at client location
- Maintain awareness of new developments in their field of Laboratory Automation
- Develop Platform Specific Training Packages tailored to the HighRes BioSolutions platforms
- Establish & maintain strong relationships with the Vendor Service Organisation
- Provide technical mediation in the event of long running equipment issues involving multiple vendors
- Base Salary Circa £40,000 – £50,000 (DOE)
- 25 Days Holiday + 8 Bank Holidays
- Laptop & Phone
For more information about the role or to apply send your CV now to Olivergill@langtonhowarth.com or call Oliver Gill today on +44 (0) 113 243 3499.
You must have the right to work in the UK to be considered for this role
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone would be good for the Integrated Systems Specialist role, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 (o/e) of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.
|Job Category||Service Engineering|