Integrated Systems Specialist
Salary: Negotiable (DOE) + Pension + Healthcare + 25 days holiday + Stats + Other Blue-Chip Company Benefits
Location: Harlow, Essex (Site Based) – will include travel to a site in Stevenage also
The requirements of the Integrated Systems Specialist:
- As a minimum you must have 5-10 years’ experience in laboratory instrument support in the Pharmaceutical/Biotechnology/Biopharma/Drug Discovery/Functional Genomics sectors or directly related industry working as a Technical Instrument Specialist or as a proven Field Service Engineer
- Experience of installing & servicing large integrated systems
- Experience/Knowledge of C#, Python, Java, Visual Basic & other advanced programming languages is an advantage
- Ideally you will have an HND/BEng/MEng in a Mechatronic or Computer Engineering related subject
- You could also have a science background and hold a BSc (ideally MSc/PhD) in a life sciences subject such as, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Genomics, Biomedical Science, Immunology or closely related degree (Chemistry backgrounds will also be considered)
- GxP Experience and training
- Understanding of device networking and communications protocols
The role of the Integrated Systems Specialist:
Scope of the role:
The purpose of the Integrated Systems Specialist is to provide first line software & technical support to enable minimal equipment downtime. This role will be embedded within my clients Target to Patient Supply (T2PS) to provide first-line software, technical & hardware support for their Brooks Large Tube Store with the primary objective of maximising system reliability & availability.
- Develop Platform Specific Training Packages tailored to the Brooks Large Tube Store platforms, intended for my client’s scientific workforce
- Develop and implement a proactive maintenance regime for equipment incorporated into the Brooks Large Tube Store
- Oversee & participate in equipment support activities within T2PS
- Act as ‘first-responder’ for critical equipment breakdowns, ensuring minimal impact on scientific activity
- Carryout on-going system performance analysis based upon error logs, live run interventions and root-cause analysis & trending of errors to mitigate their reoccurrence
- Train onsite Engineers on key equipment incorporated into the Brooks Large Tube Store at and ensure skill levels are maintained by establishing a reassessment schedule
- Train Scientists within T2PS on how to make best use of the Brooks Large Tube Store platform, ensuring optimal routine operation
- Develop support solutions built around the requirements of T2PS to enhance service delivery
- Establish & maintain strong relationships with the Vendor Service Organisation.
- Maintain awareness of new developments in their field of Laboratory Automation
- Provide technical mediation in the event of long running equipment issues involving multiple vendors
- Leverage the expertise & experience of the network of Integrated Systems Specialists
- Help develop best-practice and facilitate knowledge sharing between automation SME’s
- My client are a forbes listed service provider to some of the largest businesses across all sectors globally including Life Sciences, Industrial, Logistics, Real Estate and Pharmaceuticals
- This role is working with a top 5 pharmaceutical organisation in a well-established, technologically advanced facility working with cutting edge technology
- Excellent opportunities to progress internally within the business, and work within a great little but world class team – you are truly making a difference and massive impact not only to the business but the world by working with these life changing products
- The role is on site so there are no shifts, no travelling involved, Monday to Friday and you will be home every night!
For more information about the role or to apply send your CV now to Olivergill@langtonhowarth.com or call Oliver Gill today on +44 (0) 113 243 3499.
You must have the right to work in the UK in order to be considered for this role
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone would be good for the Integrated Systems Specialist role, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 (o/e) of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.