Location: Site based in Mechelen, Belgium with travel to Paris 3 days per month
My client is a Forbes listed global service provider to the largest and most successful blue-chip companies across the Life Sciences, Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical sectors!
This exciting role is supporting a fast-growing and innovative European pharmaceutical organisation in a well-established, technologically advanced facility working with cutting edge laboratory automation!
You will have amazing opportunities to progress internally within the business with the knowledge that you are truly making a difference to healthcare and scientific discovery!
Day-to-Day of the role:
- Act as ‘first-responder’ for critical equipment breakdowns, ensuring minimal impact on scientific activity
- Develop and implement a proactive maintenance & system optimisation regime for equipment incorporated into the HighRes BioSolutions platforms in In-Vitro Biology
- Carryout on-going system performance analysis based upon error logs, live run interventions and root-cause analysis & trending of errors to mitigate their reoccurrences
- Develop innovative support solutions built around the requirements of In-Vitro Biology at client location, utilising Lab of the Future methodologies
- Oversee & participate in equipment support activities within In-Vitro Biology
- Maintain awareness of new developments in their field of Laboratory Automation
- Develop Platform Specific Training Packages tailored to the HighRes BioSolutions platforms
- Establish & maintain strong relationships with the Vendor Service Organisation.
- Provide technical mediation in the event of long running equipment issues involving multiple vendors
- Leverage the expertise & experience of the network of Integrated Systems Specialists and the wider Scientific Technology Advisory group
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- As a minimum you must have 5-10 years of experience in complex laboratory instrument support in the Pharmaceutical/Biotechnology/Biopharma/Drug Discovery/Functional Genomics sectors or directly related industry working as a Field Service Engineer, Automation Engineer, Site Engineer, Software Engineer, Robotics Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, or similar title
- Direct experience of installing & servicing large scale laboratory automation systems from OEM companies such as HighRes Biosolutions, Agilent, Tecan, Beckman
- Coulter, Perkin Elmer, or equivalent company is a distinct advantage
- Candidates with robotics/automation and programming experience and knowledge in the industrial automation sector will also be considered
- Experience/Knowledge of C#, Python, Java, Visual Basic & other advanced programming languages is a distinct advantage
- Understanding of device networking and communications protocols
- Ideally you will have an HND/BEng/MEng in a Mechatronic, Robotics, Software or other Computer Engineering related subject
- You could also have a science background and hold a BSc, MSc, or PhD in a life sciences subject such as, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Genomics, Biomedical Science, Immunology, or closely related degree (Chemistry backgrounds will also be considered)
- Base Salary Circa: €45,000 – €58,000 (DOE)
- Life Insurance (Death in Service)
- Annual Holidays + Statutory Public Holidays
For more information about the role or to apply please send your CV now to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Oliver Gill today on +44 (0) 113 243 3499.
You must have full right to work in Belgium to be considered.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone would be good for this role, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we will ensure you receive £100.00 (o/e) of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.
|Job Category||Service Engineering|